Tuned pipes question

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have been using the Grubee expansion pipes. Both sources I had bought from seem to be out of stock. Try ebay. As for fit, well, they don't. I cut the stock flange off, reangle the end of the pipe and weld my own flange back on. The pipe need to be tucked back towards the frame and the exhaust then exits just below the bottom bracket.
Pat

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I can custom make you one.. they cost more than a grubee pipe tho pm me if interested. also what kind of bike?
Funny how topics about what I just happen to be working on seem to pop up here.

I'll take a look at your X chamber pipes taco, drop me an E, I don't IM.
I don't have a cell phone, call waiting on my land line, or make 'instant coffee' either ;-}

I haven't tried Grubee's X chamber but I put an XC from SickBikeParts.com on a 66cc this week.

~$80 and I didn't need to mess with tuning.
It was rocket right out of the gate.

The whole reason was the 1-piece cranks were too close to fit by a stock pipe.
Darn near too close for this too, that is why it so low, but I made it fit.

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Funny how topics about what I just happen to be working on seem to pop up here.

I'll take a look at your X chamber pipes taco, drop me an E, I don't IM.
I don't have a cell phone, call waiting on my land line, or make 'instant coffee' either ;-}

I haven't tried Grubee's X chamber but I put an XC from SickBikeParts.com on a 66cc this week.

~$80 and I didn't need to mess with tuning.
It was rocket right out of the gate.

The whole reason was the 1-piece cranks were too close to fit by a stock pipe.
Darn near too close for this too, that is why it so low, but I made it fit.[/QUOT pipe will work better if you get rid of that stock wire!!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
pipe will work better if you get rid of that stock wire!!!
What stock wire?
If you mean the CDI ignition wires I put my keylock wiring upgrade on everything I build, and it has a 3 prong spark plug. This thing has no ignition problems unless you consider it firing off like a bottle rocket on the second pedal a problem ;-}

I looked at the fat cat XC pipes mentioned, with no way to adjust them I don't think one would fit on most of my builds. What motor size are they tuned for by the way? Neither reference says.

The adjustable pipe I got direct from SickBikeParts cost the customer exactly this by the way:
Sub-Total (Expansion chamber): $67.95
Zone Rates (Shipping to US : 15 lb(s)): $15.00
Total: $82.95

Sure, I could have just put a $40 wider 3-piece crank set on to solve the tailpipe issue and gave the customer that option, gave him a Jackshaft option to use his gears too as it has wider cranks, he just choose the XC and it was fun to get to try one out.

On the other hand now I want one too hehehe ;-}