Next Venice Board Tracker

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a quick pic of one of my next generation of Board Track Racers... This one's a 1950 Schwinn Panther.
This is still a month or so from being finished. (I'm waiting on parts... :rolleyes: )
I had the frame & fork powder coated, it's gonna have another one of Pat's stainless tanks & all the goodies that the first BTR had. :D

*edit*

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightster

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Looks really cool, Norm. Panther frames sure had the shape didn't they? My brother always reminds me they were the lower end frames in the Schwinn line. Maybe they were 60 years ago, but not today! Is the tank going to be painted or left naked? I like them naked.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Looks really cool, Norm. Panther frames sure had the shape didn't they? My brother always reminds me they were the lower end frames in the Schwinn line. Maybe they were 60 years ago, but not today! Is the tank going to be painted or left naked? I like them naked.
The tanks look soooo good in the brushed finish! (^)

It's also getting a SBP chrome pipe & Jims sprocket. (All in the mail soon I hope?)
I think the all chrome & blue is gonna look awesome on this bike!!

The color of the other BTR I'm building is even better! ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys! :D

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Norm,
That is just so right. I'm looking forward to working on my 50 Panther when I get back to Minnesota. I have Pat's first inframe tank which got damaged a bit in the recent burning of my truck... just the paint and 'motorbike' decal were damaged. At some point it is going to have to have that springer as it looks so good. Does it really make the ride much better? I think this is going to be my serious motorbike for more than just fun, but for transportation to town, picking up groceries etc. A twelve mile run each way. I think it will get the SBP shift kit and Fasteddy's sidecar mounts. If I can make mine look just half as nice as yours it will be beautiful. What great lines that has. The blue and white is yummy and being part raccoon, I sure do like chrome. (I don't know if you know anything about raccoons, but they like shiny things and will take bottle caps and such, so keep an eye on your exhaust pipe.) That is an inspiration. Can't wait to see it with motor, etc.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Norm,
Sorry I missed this at the first. That thing makes my mouth water. Classic lines, nice colors and your usual attention to detail. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted on this build. And where do you guys keep coming up with these old bikes? The only ones around Denver are so overpriced only collectors deal in them. You lucky guys who find these classic frames don't know how fortunate you are.
Tom