Fender brakets anyone?

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I just got my fenders on my bike and I would like an extra support braket for the front but I cant seem to find anyone who sells them. I've looked through ebay and the company I purchased the fenders from and come up with nothing. Any sugestions would be great! I'd try to make my own but would like them to match, at least closely.

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thanks for all the info! I just ordered from Spooky- Local (in state) and the best price. I will be making some though for future builds- hate to buy when I can make them so easy- great idea on the fence tensioner strap! that is perfect and a lot stronger than the wald units by far! Just not as pretty and this is for my personal bike, looks count a little more and I like the chrome touch- not much just a little chrome here and there. I will do the heat shrink tubing, also a great idea for bad vibes. Would that work on the x wife? Thanks alot guys!

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
a little advice, if i may?
those flat-style wald braces have broken on me time and time again, until i learned to double them up. put one inside the other and jb-weld them together. since doing that, they've held with no breaks.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
well I just couldnt wait until the new braces show up (ordered 4) so went for a cruise to check out my pocket bike expansion exhaust I rigged up and coming around the corner to my street I noticed the fender moving bit more than normal. The mount to the forks broke just like so many said it would, not that i was doubting. Never even hit full speed. I am making an L bracket from a piece of 1/2 in conduit that i flatened and hope with that and another fender support bracket to be okay. The rear with 3 mounting points seems to fine. Makes me worry about the few cranbrooks I've sold though.
I did come across a piece of fence tensioner in my back yard and it would work great but it is sooo thick. I'm already out of room on the axle as it is. Guess I'll be making a different mounting location near the axle on the forks. Does anyone think that welding on that part of the fork will compromise its strength? Rather loose the fender than the front wheel!!

Last edited: