Lost tiny bolt

GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I lost my tiny bolt that keeps the flowernut from turning on
the clutch. Does anybody know what size it is or where to find one at?
I guess it could be called a holder bolt that fits into the slots on the
flower nut on the china girl 2-stroke engine.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
hmmmm......# 1. its metric, so its not an easy find. and # 2 its only 1/4" long which makes it even more difficult.

you could try emailing some of the distributors mabye they can gear you up?

this is where thread taps come in handy. you can usually go from metric to NC threads without drilling if you tap slowly. (ex 10mm UNF hole taps to 1/4" NC for a nice tight fit)

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
your best bet for scavenging metric hardware is to find anything mechanical made in asia as its usually all metric thread! bike parts, some small engines, implements anything!

i have never scrapped good made in china goods witout first removing all the hardware i can! i have a whole coffee can full of odd nuts washers bolts and oddities lol

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
here is a couple of ways to replace the missing part.
take off the clutch plate take it to a store that sells metric threaded fasteners and match up the missing part.
Or drill it and tap for an American fastener. You can even drill the hole for the locking bolt/screw in a different place and leave the original hole alone just mark it so you don't try to install an anerican fastener in it,a simple center punch mark next to the metric threaded hole would work for a mark.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
i think you can get one of those screws from electronic repair shops or radio shack. I already replaced mine with stainless steel. Got it from a local bolts and nuts retailer.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
There are probably 200 of those M4 screws in your house. 2 minutes to cut one down if it's too long.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Ya I think it's a 4mm but buy a 3mm too while your at Ace or wherever your local hardware is. You should be able to get a allen head one so it's easier to put in and the head will engage the flower nut better too.