shifting

GoldenMotor.com

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
is there a way to put mor thn one sprocket on your left side so you can shift, i really dont want to go through the hassle of a shifter kit if i dont have to letme know thanks

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
the only way I could see it working, is having a sub shaft with a set of sprockets that could slide back and forth, an old cassette would work, but it would have to be locked and able to slide.. then you would have to be able to use an old derailur and somthing to lift up on the chain when you wanted to shift... would lift on 1 thing, then push the cassette in line with the sprocket you want.. kinda complex, but it's the only way I see it working

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Maybe if you do something different with the mag cover, you could mount the engine back words? It would be pretty clever and the drive cable would then be on the shifter side

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
See what i wqs thinking of is just putting rear derailer in the engine side and getting different 9 holed sprockets

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
See what i wqs thinking of is just putting rear derailer in the engine side and getting different 9 holed sprockets
that would put too much stress on the engine sprocket.... you need to keep the chain in line with the sprockets on the engine side.. so you need to move the sprockets and not the chain

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
The most you could get away with with a rear derailer setup would be two gears, otherwise it would be just like Mat said, just to much stress.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Also just to get away with two gears you have to step down the chain size from the standard, because that is too much chain to switch gears with.