NEW here. thinking of put on engine on bike

GoldenMotor.com

steve's bike

Apr 26, 2008
Omaha Nebraska
HI all
getting tired of this wild gas price, bet my truck takes 10 mile gallon. I only drive 4.5 mile to work. time to put out the bike? am looking at an engine to put on my bike, yeah I have hills that would bet me. am in Omaha Nebraska. any one from Nebraska?

any thoughts what kind engine would I want buy? am over 200lb but not OVER 250.......!

what think of this engine? Bad Boy 80cc. any thing better?
if you need know kind bike I have I will find that out.

steve

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. what you want is a motor from a dealer that will take care of you. i am not sure about bad boy however i know dax has been taking good care of people. my understanding is the 48 cc was made for speed however the 70 cc is made for pull and strength and like you i am not as light as i would like to be so the 70 cc works real well for me. i ride myt motorized bicycle to and from work everyday and i went from filling my pickup a few times a week to once every 2 weeks. they pay for themselfs fast. glad to have you with us and hope you don't mind but i moved your post to introductions area.

steve's bike

Apr 26, 2008
Omaha Nebraska
welcome to the forum. what you want is a motor from a dealer that will take care of you. i am not sure about bad boy however i know dax has been taking good care of people. my understanding is the 48 cc was made for speed however the 70 cc is made for pull and strength and like you i am not as light as i would like to be so the 70 cc works real well for me. i ride myt motorized bicycle to and from work everyday and i went from filling my pickup a few times a week to once every 2 weeks. they pay for themselfs fast. glad to have you with us and hope you don't mind but i moved your post to introductions area.
thanks. can you post me some web pages on engines for bike, I looked at some, still looking have not choose yet. we are not going see an $1.50 gas any time soon!

yeah going check bike shop where I got my from, still all up air they may turn it down?

steve

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thier is a link to dax's site on the left of the forum also you can pm him here or email him. i did not get mine from him but i will most likely get the next one. everyone i have talked to that has dealt with him and purchased a bicycle motor has been very happy and he takes care of his customers. all the other engine i have found on ebay

steve's bike

Apr 26, 2008
Omaha Nebraska
thier is a link to dax's site on the left of the forum also you can pm him here or email him. i did not get mine from him but i will most likely get the next one. everyone i have talked to that has dealt with him and purchased a bicycle motor has been very happy and he takes care of his customers. all the other engine i have found on ebay
yeah was looking google and found this web page you tell me to look at.
I just send him an e mail..

thanks an million.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that will be a great bike for your kit. i dont have any mechanical skills either so took me some time to get it all togather. nice part is you will learn alot just installing it and it feels good when it starts

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Steve, welcome to the forum. Thats a nice Trek. I have a friend that has one that looks very similar. I've thought many times that would be a great bike to put a motorized bicycle engine on. I bet it will bolt right on with very little modifying. Lots of people more than willing to help if you get in a jam. Have fun and happy building...........................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
from what i am hearing people are really liking their 4 stroke bicycle motors. i am going to get one and see how i like it. i know i do not like having to mix the gas and it will be nice just to pull into the gas station and fill ir up

steve's bike

Apr 26, 2008
Omaha Nebraska
from what i am hearing people are really liking their 4 stroke bicycle motors. i am going to get one and see how i like it. i know i do not like having to mix the gas and it will be nice just to pull into the gas station and fill ir up
So, the 4 stroke motor takes gas, what about oil?

Does the 70cc 2 stroke take gas-oil mix?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I don't know much about the difference but the dealers who are carrying the four stroke are pushing them pretty hard. either they are better or just more profitable.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
I like the 2 stroke. That's just me they sound way better, and have less moving parts to break, 2 stroke is lighter I think. Cosmetically looks better, handles better because of the fact 4 stroke goes on rack in back and you could keep your little back pack thing back there. If you do get the two stroke I would encourage you to go ahead and get the lever that pulls both breaks at the same time. That bike is a good candidate to get motored. I think you could easily do the instalation, if you took your time and made sure you did everything right. We can help.

I also like ThatsDax.com because of the quality product and the support. I have purchased two from him. I have always gotten the 70cc.

By the way are you 7' tall or what?

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
There are 4 strokes in the frame- I have one. It works well, but was work to get that way- I posted more info on this in Steve's topic about choosing an engine.

steve's bike

Apr 26, 2008
Omaha Nebraska
I like the 2 stroke. That's just me they sound way better, and have less moving parts to break, 2 stroke is lighter I think. Cosmetically looks better, handles better because of the fact 4 stroke goes on rack in back and you could keep your little back pack thing back there. If you do get the two stroke I would encourage you to go ahead and get the lever that pulls both breaks at the same time. That bike is a good candidate to get motored. I think you could easily do the instalation, if you took your time and made sure you did everything right. We can help.

I also like ThatsDax.com because of the quality product and the support. I have purchased two from him. I have always gotten the 70cc.

By the way are you 7' tall or what?
yeah I seem to be 7' tall but am not, make that 6'3", the bike is make so my legs can go all way down with out get the knees tired or hurting.

steve