Oh lawd...what have I begun?

GoldenMotor.com

kermit007

Oct 7, 2011
Las Vegas
Ah well that sucks. Guess I'm just gona order both anyways (thought they were way more expensive). Was going to try to drop by their address, but dunno. Their support email bounced with an unknown email response. Probably try to drop by their address today for kicks anyways.

kermit007

Oct 7, 2011
Las Vegas
Ah well, turns out they don't really have much of an operation here in Vegas (seems like they ship from LA). The building itself is small offices. Probably for tax or whatever purposes. Now the waiting game...

BTW, anyone know how to tell 48cc vs 66cc? Gona order a 48cc plate just to placate the lawman since theres no identifying marks in regard to the size, but would be nice to know.

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
BTW, anyone know how to tell 48cc vs 66cc? Gona order a 48cc plate just to placate the lawman since theres no identifying marks in regard to the size, but would be nice to know.
I haven't had that conversation with an officer (yet) however I printed out the specs page and a few useful looking pages (from a roadside fix POV) from the 49cc manual and have them folded up and stuffed in a ziploc where I keep my travelling tools. My motor has no markings on it though, I know some have a spec label on the magneto cover.

kermit007

Oct 7, 2011
Las Vegas
*does a little dance*

You guys saved me so much time. Thanks! Got the bike working at long last. RAW has good parts, but getting them is a PITA! Ordered em on Monday, and finally relented today to let me go pick em up since they never shipped. Got that new magneto coil dropped in, and thing fired up beautifully. Replaced the CDI too just because I don't want electrical problems! Even got it up to 23mph my phone said.

Just some funkiness if anyone has any ideas. Had an issue with the gasline leaking where it hooks into the motor too. Ended up running another line, and getting a clamp on it. If anyone has a better idea I'd go for it. Odd noise when it's in gear (could be normal, but gota figure out what it is), but happy the damn thing is working.

Oh, turns out it does have brakes. The reverse turn type. Forget what they are called, but will work while I figure out where I can rip some front ones off of another bike. Will put some pics up once I get this thing lit properly with copious amounts of EL-wire among other things. Gota make it all Burning Man & hippie-like (maybe go with a Mad Max theme). Crap, almost forgot, anyone know a good place to pickup a light for the front/back that runs off the white wire from the engine?

Last edited: