Morini Motor VS China Girl Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
how is it that the Morini 50cc can generate so much more power than the Chinese 66cc?..... is it just better quality to the motor? is the design different? it just doesnt make sense to me how a smaller cc size can get that much more power than a larger cc size....someone explain this to me...keep in mind i am an engine gutarded and only have a simple knowledge of these motors so dumb it down a little......all those complicated formulas make my brain leak out of my ears....(its been 10 years since ive taken any math/algebra classes) so keep that in mind too......anyways an explanation would be nice....anyone?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Re: Morini VS China Girl

how is it that the Morini 50cc can generate so much more power than the Chinese 66cc?..... is it just better quality to the motor? is the design different?
To make a long story short - yes & yes lol :D
It's of far better quality and it's a superior design, which given the small scale of the application makes a comparatively huge difference. Additionally major differences in performance are often the result of the combination of many little things - while the addition of a reed intake alone my provide a significant increase, the "little things" like reducing friction (quality bearings), reducing vibration (better fitment & balance), increasing compression (tighter tolerances and superior design), etc. all add up... and they add up to one heck of a difference, not jus' in power - but price as well ;)

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

I heard some of the Pollini mini motocross bikes with a Morini engine puts out as much as 28 hp in the 50cc class.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

Morini motors are built by people who eat, drink and breathe motorcycles. Morini sweats all the details. They are basically "blueprinted", like a race engine.
Our China Girl motors were made for utility; to get people to work economically. Low initial cost and low operating cost.
The Morini is far superior, expensive but requires some fabrication to fit on a bicycle.
The China Girl is cheap and bolts up to your Schwinn with little or no mods.
If you want to win races, get the Morini.
If you want to commute cheaply, get a China Girl.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

A china motor will absolutely never ever do this:D YouTube - * www.motovelo.us *Riding onboard the Morini bike

YouTube - Motovelo Street Sprinter POWER-WHEELIES Franco Morini 50cc This motor was made to rev and it will do it all day long!

No matter how many people blow hot smoke with there china, lol If you make a china do it then its not a china anymore lol

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/hybrid-chinese-motors-performance-tuning-14204-13.html

If you just want to build a cruise type bike and are not familiar with this hobby then get a China.

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL

Real nice bike and video. BUT, how many laws did you break doing that video? Another rider driving a nail in the coffin of the motorized bike riders.

Terry

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Real nice bike and video. BUT, how many laws did you break doing that video? Another rider driving a nail in the coffin of the motorized bike riders.

Terry
Quote this is funny now we will have 8 pages of how it is so wrong. God bless the ol boy for making us a real proof video and living to tell about it. With out a proof video there would be folks swearing there china was faster.

This is my point ;)

This is not my video and I don't condone breaking the law ether or jeopardizing our hobby or folks safety.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

You can gear these to top out slower etc and the clutches are adjustable to make them a lot less powerful too.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

Dave31 - I've never seen them side by side before. That bigger clutch in the Morini is multi-plate?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Dave31 - I've never seen them side by side before. That bigger clutch in the Morini is multi-plate?
Photo 1- Centrifugal Clutch Morini

Photo 2- China Girl Clutch

Photo 3-4- Morini/China Girl Mag & Rotor

Attachments

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

one day im going to have one of those kid ktm motors - I was thinking about buying a old honda cr 60 or kawasaki 60cc 2 stroker to fit in my bike. Those motors are fast too..

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

IMO the extra power is unecessary for a MB. The power of a lowly China Girl already overtaxes the strength of a normal bicycle frame. Moped motors are made for 150 lb mopeds not 30 lb bicycles.

Anyone looking for speed and power should get a motorcycle. I think it's a big mistake to turn a MB into something it's not.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

bike nut your comment is subjective. while i agree that some bikes certainly are not cut out for this hobby, there are plenty of steel frame bikes, like the worksman, that i know for a fact are actually built better than scooters. On the other hand, i've had my china girl in some really cheesy frames and your right, some bicycles reach critical mass just going 25-30mph

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

bike nut your comment is subjective. while i agree that some bikes certainly are not cut out for this hobby, there are plenty of steel frame bikes, like the worksman, that i know for a fact are actually built better than scooters. On the other hand, i've had my china girl in some really cheesy frames and your right, some bicycles reach critical mass just going 25-30mph
Right, but the frame isn't the only consideration. Once you start getting over 50-60 mph there's a lot of other things to worry about, like suspension, brakes, frame geometry, not to mention what happens if you fall off.

Another problem we should be concerned about is, if bikes like these were to become common most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and a normal China Girl because of the fact that they're in bicycle frames. That's probably the biggest problem of all.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't ever be done. Just not by most people.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

Exactly - this hobby in my opinion isn't for milk toast kinda people because in most cases people just wanna go faster and faster - that seems to be the general progression.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Yeah guy's with the Wally mentality that there walmart bike is tough enough need not go here. I will not even use those bikes with a China.