Annoying People.......

GoldenMotor.com

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
I go to Texas A&M University and there are probably only a dozen on the entire campus. I've seen three, I think. A few scooters, a decent amount of motorcycles... and thousands and thousands of bicycles (normal). I have no doubt I'll be questioned a lot but I like talking cars (err... bikes...) with people. I'm investing in a long chain though to prevent theft... Working too hard to not invest in some security.

Austin

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
MMMMM i hate it too, Bunch of feral people tried to run after me and looks like they were going to push me off if they caught up to me , at 10:00 and night.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I just tell people to Google "bicycle engines" and check out the forums in that search if they have more questions. I've been riding these since 2002 and don't always have time to talk, especially when I'm on an ale mission. I say "gotta run!", pull the cord, pull the throttle trigger and leave with a small wheelie lol

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
...But I have to say the people who annoy me the most are the ones who yell out "that's cheating". On a recent group ride we passed a woman who yelled out "that's cheating" in a not friendly manner at all. ...
I got the "That's Cheating!" accusation one time from a guy on a Cannondale at a light. He was a die-hard pedal-pusher with black & blue spandex shorts & shirt, clip-on shoes, and a receding hairline. I told him "If I gotta cheat in order to cover seven miles before 5pm, I'll cheat." and the light turned and I left him somewhere behind.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
"We, are the cheaters leaving dust!" I said "We, are the cheaters leaving dust..."(diamonds in the dust...)

Whoo! Sorry for getting so off topic guys, that's just funny right there!
.shft.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Cheaters....isn't that a TV show about motorbicyclists, like cheating on their bikes without engines and then having to start another build?dance1

Does this make me annoying?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Killer C, I'm on the map. Born in Windsor and knew the area fairly well but haven't seen it in a very long time. Got back to Ontario for the first time in 30 years this summer. Through Kenora and and down through Fort Francis into Minnesota to see Silver Bear.
Been a long time since I had a perch dinner. Now it's salmon.

Steve.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
I have the township of Tonasket in a flurry over this silly thing! Mine is the Huffy Cranbrook in blue/cream, I painted the tank and chainguard to match and did a 'full dress'- I've been told off for "driving a priceless antique as an everyday vehicle' when I bought the bike new from Wally World! I suspect there will be more of these things come Spring...

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
On the top right, Next to 'Search' There is a "rate this thread" button, that is where you can punish/love us...

Welcome back Eddie(Steve), take'r easy on the Horny Tim's :D

Last edited:

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I don't mind answering questions. The people who annoy me are the ones who tell me what I need to do with my bike. You know the type, they have never seen a motorized bicycle before, but they are suddenly an expert. Idiots.

The other, slightly less annoying ones are the people who ask you how much an engine kit costs and $130 is "WAY TOO MUCH!!! OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO HAVE AN ANEURYSM!!!". One guy I talked to just assumed that for the outrageous price of $130, the seat, headlight, tail light, my helmet, my jacket, and speedometer would all be included. laff

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
wow! 130 bucks is dirt cheap. it cost that much to fill up a SUV. everyone I tell that to is amazed at the cheapness of the motor.

here's my other ride, I can't count the number of times I've had to yell "get the **** off my bike!"

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I've come back to my car with a circle of people around it before. Talking about it as if they knew everything about it, etc. Annoying.

wasabi805

Jun 2, 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
I don't mind answering questions. The people who annoy me are the ones who tell me what I need to do with my bike. You know the type, they have never seen a motorized bicycle before, but they are suddenly an expert. Idiots.
Yep. I don't mind chatting it up with the folks with a genuine interest or admiration for MB's but, I can't stand people who are know it all's and don't even realize they're talking in their attempt to "sound like an expert." I always have to bring up the fact to these people that before I was riding a MB, I was working on cars. Seems to shut em up.

Last edited by a moderator:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
there's a guy at my local bar who claims to be a custom motorcycle builder (he's actually a broke alcoholic who lives in a motel) and i was talking about one of my bikes i sold. he started in about the liability issues, and i basically told him that once the bike leaves my possession, i have no control over the rider, and like a motorcycle, everyone's gonna crash sometime.

i've explained the quality of my bikes to him a few times, he's even seen me flying down the street before, but he just keeps harping on me, saying how irresponsible i am, and how i'm gonna lose everything when someone gets killed on my bikes.

after arguing with him the other day, he asked me for a smoke, and i told him i didn't want to risk the liability of him getting lung cancer and suing me.

we don't talk much anymore...

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
after arguing with him the other day, he asked me for a smoke, and i told him i didn't want to risk the liability of him getting lung cancer and suing me.
ROFL!

Yea, when people only give advice and not take any, that's when they get the 'asshat'

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
HAHAH! You're gonna love this.

My dad and I go tthe Cranbrook from Wal-Mart and fitted in the motor to see what it looks like(nice) So I tell him about you and yo uhave the same deal and from around our area. He's like "lets go see his! and see how he has it set-up" My dad is one that WOULD sit on it(I hate that!) He has been known to sit in people's cars too!(with them there)..irritates the crap out of me.

So I guess we will have a lot of gawkers wondering WTH we are driving around lol.. Oh and a good bike lock will be on for sure. I can just imagine how many morons out there that are just itching to steal something like these bikes.

It's funny.. Ride just the bike and no one gives a hoot....put on a motor and WHHHOOAAAA! Dude what you have there? LMAO!.

Also if a Jefferson County Sherrif pulls up behind the bike trying to give us ****, I will remind them about the teenagers riding their ATV's through the towns and roads that are legal to do so. I really hope the police do not have an issue with a wee little motor bike

I'l probably flip out if they do, hahah