Cardboard & Duct Tape

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
there's a guy around here, haven't seen him in awhile, but his name was Jim and he was a 50 year old guy with the mind of a child, some kinda mental problems, but he had a bike with plywood wings, tailfin, and a kickstand he made out of the hook that stops fighter planes on a carrier ship.

he also had a boombox with a microphone and he played airplane noises on it and yelled at people all the time, in a friendly way.

the locals called him "the blue angel," as his bike was painted up blue and yellow, and he was featured in the newspaper when the real Blue Angels came to town. you could find him at the donut shop near disneyland.

i wonder if he's still around. i'd donate a motor for that bike...

badxampl

Apr 27, 2010
Central New York
there's a guy around here, haven't seen him in awhile, but his name was Jim and he was a 50 year old guy with the mind of a child, some kinda mental problems.....
Ummm. You just described me and half the people i know. Probably most of the people on this board....My plan is to build a bike that looks likes Pegasus, Move to Las Vegas and ride it wearing a gladiator suit.

The airplane thing does seem a bit immature to me.
brnot

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Considering that's how I conduct myself throughout life, I would like to meet grown men who make airplane noises, Also, anybody with 415 chainlinks from the kit, or it is known that they fit the kit chain, I will buy them. I got some 415 chain and it didn't fit, the chain was american.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can make wings ad thing using "fan fold" It's an insulating semi rigid foam that is about 1/4" thick. I have made wings for madel planes and whole model planes with it.

Birddog1148

Apr 9, 2010
Sandusky, ohio
Ummm. You just described me and half the people i know. Probably most of the people on this board....My plan is to build a bike that looks likes Pegasus, Move to Las Vegas and ride it wearing a gladiator suit.

The airplane thing does seem a bit immature to me.
brnot
Thought I saw you on "Cops" doing that?