Good, two stroke motor kit.

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I want to build another one of these after having a bad experience with my old Stinger 80cc engine kit(would not run) I want to try another brand, so what are the good two stroke kits now? under 200.00 if possible. It's been a while, lost track of what you all are using.

Any recommendations are appreciated...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
rose326 on ebay is my vendor of choice for value priced kits.
Over 25 and counting with no lemons.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/rose326a?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2754
Hey Maniac, I think its still a "Roll of the dice, Crap shoot. I heard once that there's about Ten companies in China making these things. Maybe rose only orders from the one she found to be the best. I guess I'll never know because she wont ship to California. F'n EPA!!!
Ya'all have a great one, and ride safe.
fatdaddy.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
rose326 on ebay sells good kits and engines for a decent price or get a Dax engine from thatsdax.com if you just need an engine and have all the other parts. Dax also sells complete kits, these cost a little more, but if you only need the engine his prices are really good and his engines are top quality.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
this guy: "http://stores.ebay.com/sashawigs2009/" ships to Cali - I've done about 20 with only minor problems that were fixed quickly with free replacement parts

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
rose326 on ebay sells good kits and engines for a decent price or get a Dax engine from thatsdax.com if you just need an engine and have all the other parts. Dax also sells complete kits, these cost a little more, but if you only need the engine his prices are really good and his engines are top quality.

Says built in the USA from global parts so I assume Dax reworks the china engines to make them better. I assume if you buy one I can put it on the bike and have it actually run without having to put different gaskets, bolts ect, in it before. It says the engines are fully tst ran before shipping....that is attractive.

I just want to go riding without having to do 50 things to get it started.

That last engine I had wouldn't do anything, so I gave up on it.

So if Dax actually runs these before shipping and they are assembled in America, I'm basicaly going to get a motor that is guaranteed to run.....that is worth the extra amount, to me.

I think Dax will have a deal.....thanks!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Says built in the USA from global parts so I assume Dax reworks the china engines to make them better. I assume if you buy one I can put it on the bike and have it actually run without having to put different gaskets, bolts ect, in it before. It says the engines are fully tst ran before shipping....that is attractive.

I just want to go riding without having to do 50 things to get it started.

That last engine I had wouldn't do anything, so I gave up on it.

So if Dax actually runs these before shipping and they are assembled in America, I'm basicaly going to get a motor that is guaranteed to run.....that is worth the extra amount, to me.

I think Dax will have a deal.....thanks!
you wont regret getting your engine from thatsdax, he does his best to make sure you dont get a lemon and he also provides great service after the sale which has a lot of value in my opinion.

I have also done some business with sashawigs2009 on ebay and they do offer good customer service but like all the other ebay sellers I know of none of their engines are tested before being shipped out, best i remember sashawigs2009 engines comepartially unassembled which is a good thing for me since the first thing I do with any of them is at least pull the jug and piston to clean ports up, replace upper bearing and inspect how the crank spins in the bearings.

Good thing about a complete engine from dax is that he inspects things and makes sure everything looks good.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
you wont regret getting your engine from thatsdax, he does his best to make sure you dont get a lemon and he also provides great service after the sale which has a lot of value in my opinion.

I have also done some business with sashawigs2009 on ebay and they do offer good customer service but like all the other ebay sellers I know of none of their engines are tested before being shipped out, best i remember sashawigs2009 engines comepartially unassembled which is a good thing for me since the first thing I do with any of them is at least pull the jug and piston to clean ports up, replace upper bearing and inspect how the crank spins in the bearings.

Good thing about a complete engine from dax is that he inspects things and makes sure everything looks good.
I'm going with a Dax motor since it claims built in USA and is test run. Seems like the best deal for a cheap motor kit. I'm also looking to get a bike to put it on. The cruisers look best with these engines, but I'm looking at something like this from Walmart.

It has 29 inch wheels and they are not fat tires, more of a hybrid tire width.... The frame rails look skinny enough diameter and shape for a direct 'plug and play' installation. I imagine this frame will be a bit top heavy as well. What do you think, safe? Walmart has one now I can get for 50 bucks that is damaged.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm going with a Dax motor since it claims built in USA and is test run. Seems like the best deal for a cheap motor kit. I'm also looking to get a bike to put it on. The cruisers look best with these engines, but I'm looking at something like this from Walmart.

It has 29 inch wheels and they are not fat tires, more of a hybrid tire width.... The frame rails look skinny enough diameter and shape for a direct 'plug and play' installation. I imagine this frame will be a bit top heavy as well. What do you think, safe? Walmart has one now I can get for 50 bucks that is damaged.
my latest build is with that exact frame, Ditched the 700c size wheels and put 26" wheels on it and a set of 26" forks.

you can get some better tires that size, 700x40mm will put more rubber on the road for it and make it ride a little better.

that bike is called a fixie

ill post a pic of mine when I can get on my computer so you can see what I've done with it so far.

the brakes aren't that good on these bikes but if you'll get a set of the salmon colored cool stop pads it will make them better.

easy bike to motorize

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Once again, Dax engines are NOT "made in the USA" as claimed.
He simply inspects the china motors and replaces the phillips head screws.
Nothing more.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Once again, Dax engines are NOT "made in the USA" as claimed.
He simply inspects the china motors and replaces the phillips head screws.
Nothing more.

But the dang thing will run when I get it, right? LOL.

As for the Fixie bike I posted, what good luck I am having.

Went to Target and it's there under the 'Magna' name brand, in white/green and is on clearance for $29.00dnut

The tires are green which sucks.... I'll be putting on some 26 inch wheels and fatter tires that I have, upgrade the brakes and good to go! I figure the 29er wheels will stress the motor more taking off.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
SongTop has the latest EPA complaint engines that I have seen.
True ,port matched short intake and barrel . Big transfer ports. Well balanced crank .
Latest CDI etc. $139 I highly recommend his kits. Loose the acorn head nuts.....

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
True ,port matched short intake and barrel . Big transfer ports. Well balanced crank .
Latest CDI etc. $139 I highly recommend his kits. Loose the acorn head nuts.....

I like the short intake setup.

So you used one I assume.....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I don't think the frame I posted is the Caraci you posted the Ebay link, to. Similar

This is at Target under the Magna name.
the bike I built and the bike you posted a link to is the thruster fixie, I posted a pic of that ebay bike just to show it, I never indicated I had one or was building one.

the thruster fixie bikes have been sold at Walmart for 2-3 years now and thats where I got mine two years ago on sale for $49

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I don't think the frame I posted is the Caraci you posted the Ebay link, to. Similar

This is at Target under the Magna name.
go to this link and scroll down to post 7747 and you'll see that the bike I have is the same as to one you posted pic of.

the pic of mine that been made into a 26" bike shows it before I had several things done to get it on the road but you can see the basic look.
motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=24753&page=775

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Can you post his link? I'm still all for Dax engines myself but I do need a few cylinders for other builds and a few customer repairs etc.. I may convert a customer's bike from 49 to 66cc by replacing the top end and rebalancing the bottom... hadn't decided for sure if I'll do the conversion or not because I need to see which crank and rod his engine has first but if it has the right parts it's a go.