carb not getting enough fuel at high rpms

GoldenMotor.com

meanoldrunk

Apr 23, 2013
port richey florida
hi. ive been reading this forum and another one since january and found a lot of useful info on both sites. now for my problem that im having and hoping someone here has a solution, i have a 66/88:confused: cc something or another that i got from ebay. it runs perfect except... when im getting on it at wide open throttle according to the gps on my phone i only hit 37mph. at that point the bike dies from lack of fuel. the clear filter is dry. if i back off the filter gets gas and everything is good as long as i dont go above 3/4 throttle. at the point it starts to do die i can really feel it starting to reach its full potential and then it craps out. the bike is a k2 zed with a 36 tooth sprocket, speed carb, and a expanded chamber exhaust. i know its capable of doing more not that i want to more , i just want to know what i can do. i read something earlier about vibrations that might be the problem but it doesnt really shake much. and if i unhook gaslines etc. fuel pours out. any ideas? thanks for reading