Update on the Black Widow

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
About a week or so ago, I switched to 100:1 Opit2 mix. The bike ran noticeable better. I can't really pinpoint how or where, just that the throttle response was better, runs smoother, and idles like a champ. Then....all of the sudden, my custom kx60 exhaust sounded like crap...Exhaust Leak!! Not at the gaskets or cylinder, or even the welds,,,it split right down the middle of a section of the exhaust. Not bad enough to freak out, but enough to make my performance drastically decrease. So, I put on the Torquer II exhaust that came with the engine. The sound is awesome (a little deeper than the kx60 exhaust). Having said that, I dont have as much speed with this exhaust as I did with the kx60 exhaust, or the quickness, but the bike does run smooth.

I'm debating on whether to leave it on or not. Do I really need to 50??? LOL

I did sand down the exhaust and it is only a hair line crack. Should I have it welded again or try some JB weld?

The only real downfall to the Torquer II exhaust is that it gets hotter than **** (a lot hotter than the kx60) and on several occasions have burned the ever loving piss out of my calf.

image.jpg

Last edited: