Vintage Colors

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hurry up and finish the bikes. I want to see them!

Terry
Like I never head that one before! I will be working on both of them all weekend and will try to post some more pictures. Whitey, these are both powder coated. My powder coat shop does a great job. Dropped them off Monday afternoon and they called me on Wednesday saying they were done! Two different custom colors in two days time. That's service.

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Like I never head that one before! I will be working on both of them all weekend and will try to post some more pictures. Whitey, these are both powder coated. My powder coat shop does a great job. Dropped them off Monday afternoon and they called me on Wednesday saying they were done! Two different custom colors in two days time. That's service.
Very nice Pat...saw those other pics you are posting. looks like a GX200 clone engine project is in your future. I picked one up from Ebay, nearly new for 30 bucks. Now I own three of the engines.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Very nice Pat...saw those other pics you are posting. looks like a GX200 clone engine project is in your future. I picked one up from Ebay, nearly new for 30 bucks. Now I own three of the engines.
Clone engine? Me? Not sure about all that but if I do it will be a very unique drive system not yet tried on a bicycle, at least to my knowledge.

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
For some reason Styx comes to mind, Mr. Roboto. Secret Secret, Pat's gotta Secret...LOL.

Thinking about whipping up a modern version of a vintage drive train? Remember those google docs I posted a while back...they had some need ideas for shaft drives etc.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
You say you powdercoat your frames, and you usually have 2 tone tanks? If so are you getting the tanks powdercoated? If so how do go about that? I did see on Biker Build Off once when Indian Larry did it, painting over powdercoating...........Or do you match the powdercoat color with paint?

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I never really considered powdercoating because of that reason, powdercoating is such a tough finish. I remember a bmx i had powdercoated. It was great....... but having said that there is still something enjoyable about painting a bike, i dunno if im ready to lose that experience yet, even if the finish isnt as good or durable.

But it sure gives your bikes a proffessional touch and must keep your customers happy with the finish and them off your back wanting scratches repaired.

Man oh man i love your bikes. I dont usually like 2 stroke expansion chambers, but the way you tie them in with the droploop is just so pretty. Keep up the good work

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I love the green! I want to paint my next one close to that, and I think I'll paint my bug the same color. Oh heck, I thing I'll also think I'll do the house too. I really like the green color

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I love the green! I want to paint my next one close to that, and I think I'll paint my bug the same color. Oh heck, I thing I'll also think I'll do the house too. I really like the green color
Here's some more green, and just a little red. Now where did I put those wheels? I know their around here somewhere............

Vintage Colors by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

This picture clearly shows the 135mm rear frame spacing on the red Racer model verses the standard 110mm spacing on the green Flyer model.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Finished up the green bike today but didn't ride it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Sportsman Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Front wheel detail shot. This is a stock Worksman aluminum wheel with satin silver annodize finish, stainless spokes, and drum brake. Monark fork is completely reworked and has my latest 12 gauge stainless dropouts.

Rear wheel detail shot. Again, a worksman wheel, Shimano 110 coaster brake and Sportsman HD sprocket adapter. I'm running Diamond #41 chain on both sides.

Last edited: