Hello from Kansas

GoldenMotor.com

69fury

Jun 9, 2011
Lawrence KS
My son and I are building a couple of Grubees for commuting/fun/economy/style/etc... His is a 77 Schwinn Metrocycle as a 20's cycle. Mine is a 1960 Columbia Firebolt as a boardtracker.

He's got the Super rat delivered but the spoke mounted sprocket wont clear a 58mm Sturmey Archer AW 3 speed hub.

Manic Mechanic's site only specs custom adapters up to 1.7xx" i think so he may be looking to jackshaft it.

My Firebolt was Pretty crusty (not like this web pic), but we found that the unfaded paint spots turned out to be Candy Apple Red. So after stripping for the build I shot it with some rattlecan satin black until we can get her all sorted. Then we'll blow her apart for the Candy Apple Red coating.

I was going to buy a Super Rat but they only had one in stock at Gasbikes.net. I did get a great deal on a 2011 GT5 66cc that a guy couldn't make work on his bike. So i stripped it off that and put it on my Firebolt.
Fits right in between the pedals- the little chain died after a day. Then the 410 chain that came with my son's Super Rat lasted only 10 feet. Then we went to tractor supply for 10 foot of number 41. DONE! Fits even with the Quick Bricks.

Now just have to get a tuned pipe (SBP) Monark springer fork, MM sprocket adapter, and all the nuts that have vibrated off....

after little bit o cut/weld:

Mockup condition- rides nice-getting better every day...

Thanks for Looking,

Rick & Keegan.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
well, if ya sneak up behind them and make a sharp and loud noise.

LOL sorry MonkeyChuckler. Really am just funning.