Chain issues

GoldenMotor.com

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
I got a manic mechanic 40 t sprocket/ adapter and I cannot get my chain to fit . it was perfect with the 44 but I am in the middle of it being to small where it wont fit or too loose where its almost falling off. It works but is too loose and just about ready to fall off when I pin it. I put the tensioner all the way up and my wheel as far back as possible and its still too loose. I tried taking out another link but then its too ****ing short so I bought a new chain and am back to square 1. If the tensioner was higher it would be perfect but I am stumped. I read about a couple tensioner mods but before I try something I might not be able to do is there anything I am missing to try to get it tight again? My cruiser is a crazy size I have just about had to rig everything I have done with the bike

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Try sliding the tensioner bracket back along the bike frame to tighten the chain or forward towards the motor to loosen the chain.
Pat

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
the only thing is I drilled a hole through the tensioner and frame so that really isnt a option. I wouldnt want to drill another hole

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
Check out the tensioner in this thread shared with us by ThatPerson.
It is by far one of the safest ways to do it, and relatively easy to make.
Post #4 in the thread.
http://motorbicycling.com/f34/chain-tensioner-destroyed-rear-rim-19043.html

You can place the tensioner wheel where ever it best works for you.
thanks for the link If I can't figure it out I will give that a shot
Have you tried a half link?
No, I thought you always have to take off the bottom links which takes 2 off??
Do you got a welder?
No welding skills

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
Well basically, on the chain you have the big and small links. Instead of using the big master link to connect 2 small links, you can connect a big link to a little link, meaning you can get a more acurate size.
I tried putting a link back on and couldnt get it to work. Any advice on how to put it back on successfully?