4 stroke engine revvs

GoldenMotor.com

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
what limits a chinese honda gx50 engine clones rpm?
my engine pulls good in the mid rpms, but its a little vibratey, it gets going to about 40kph and smooths out, but it will go to 48kph and then it begins to go ying ying ying, like a car in neutrals rev limiter, im guessing this is valve float? i back it off to 46kph and it runs great there, is there anything wrong with running an engine like this at that rpm for a long time? it runs so smooth right there,

thanks

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
that ould be the goveror your right, search up types of small engine governers and see what you have.

mechanical goverors are a little tricky to disable. if you have the air vane type you are in luck.

sorry i wont broaden on the topic of how to make it gone, but i can tell you its a pretty simple thing.

4 strokes should have no problem with running wide open for a long trip, and by wide open i dont mean stuffed, i mean stable and fast.... any engine run wide open for a long time without a small break will blow up.

im pretty sure it has a little govrnor wire hooked up to the throttle assy. that backs it off

* i found a link for you, this should help. DONT overrev it.

Honda GX50 - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

Last edited:

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well if it had a governor i would not disable it, im happy with it now, i ride for a half hour with it at 45kph, so high revs but before the rev limit,