chain drive gearbox

GoldenMotor.com

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
I would like to give it a try. I think I will order one to see how different it is.
Hi Civilized, Today I was looking thru the other big forum (motoredbikes.com) and I found that gearbox. This is the thread New HS motor very rough idle under 4-stoke. The consencis there was that the gear reduction was't enough. Rear gear not big enough. Also, there was sooooo much slop in the chain, that an idler needed to be fabricated and fitted in. Scared me!
Terry

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Thanks for the info. I found access to one for free off of a two cycle dirt bike. I'm gonna take a look at it next week to see if I can use it or not. I would much rather tinker for free as opposed to buying a new kit. Thanks again.

Current information supplied by testers yeilded the folllowing.......

Major primary chain stretch [very poor quality chain], damaged chain sprockets, cracked cases due to stress of the drive shaft [way too long without support], noisy , incorrect drive ratios. Clutch issues including mis-alignment of shoes to hub.

Motor is good quality. However due to design can not accept many of the current production drive systems [EZM, Grubee, earlier Hoot, etc].

Hope this information is helpful.

Have fun,

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Thanks Quenton. That sounds like enough info for me. You know what they say about polishing a turd. I have had my fill of that task.