Don't Do This!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Bike is fine. I threw my underwear away.

Pin let go, bike took off, tore out of my hand, into garage doing a strong wheelie, up over a pile of soft/plastic kids stuff, sports equipment, made black skid mark on white wall, went left (still running), came off wall back on the pile of stuff - I had run and grabbed it at that point and hit the kill switch.......suffice to say, it's pulling well now.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Point is, don't trust that pin!

I guess a stock bike it would just die, but I had it in first and just got in from a hard run and it seems to be running great after getting the slant head dialed in.

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
I added a small screw, approx 1/16" tall head, to the shoulder on the lever that stops on the lock pin. It clears the pin, creates a more secure stop, and most of all, the handle stops back further. The extra 1/8" enables an easier clutch adjustment. Most of the stock clutch levers (locking brake lever) can be forced off the locked position with very little pressure.
Though I'll remember Pablo's advice. I'm picturing the bike taking off with one hand on the throttle.......

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I added a small screw, approx 1/16" tall head, to the shoulder on the lever that stops on the lock pin. It clears the pin, creates a more secure stop, and most of all, the handle stops back further. The extra 1/8" enables an easier clutch adjustment. Most of the stock clutch levers (locking brake lever) can be forced off the locked position with very little pressure.
Though I'll remember Pablo's advice. I'm picturing the bike taking off with one hand on the throttle.......

I'm trying to visualize your clutch lever mod... post a pic!!

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
So pablo. What did you do to get your slant head dialed in?Everytime I ride I have to re-torgue the head bolts.I believe its a little stronger, but i get more chinese idle rattle. I guess more compression more chinese idle rattle. Heck trhe piston my be hitting I put both head gaskets on it.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
marioaz - now that's what I'm talking about. Indeed - Please post picts! Locking the clutch barely 1/2 actuation is dumb. Makes the other 1/2 travel useless.

toker - I wet sanded it flat. It was not sealing. I used a new SBP gasket and the Norman AL paint trick and torqued to 20 ft. lbs. I used a cooler plug, but I went one notch leaner.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I used a velcro strap.
I wrap it 4 times around the grip/clutch lever.
I don't even use the Schlocky Locky Lever.

'BrettMavriK

marioaz - now that's what I'm talking about. Indeed - Please post picts! Locking the clutch barely 1/2 actuation is dumb. Makes the other 1/2 travel useless.

toker - I wet sanded it flat. It was not sealing. I used a new SBP gasket and the Norman AL paint trick and torqued to 20 ft. lbs. I used a cooler plug, but I went one notch leaner.

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Camera is in my shop. Will post pic on Monday. A better description is that the screw needs to be carefully placed so that the head sits exactly on the spot where pin rests on lever. I originally did it because the lever on kit#2 would barely hold and when it did the lever didn't rest far back enough to adjust the clutch correctly. Vendor sent another lever but I want to see how the screw holds up. So far so good.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
wait till your clip that holds the locking lever button together comes off! Your bike will take off like a horse that been bit by a horse fly! In the process your spring under that button will launch the button and spring into low earth orbit.
I fixed most of( I missed one bike just looked) my bikes buttons by drilling a very small hole through it and cotter pinning it in place of the sorry c-clip.
couple of pictures of what I did.
pointing to the cotter pin and washer on the button

another view of washer and cotter pin

Norman

Last edited:

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
wait till your clip that holds the locking lever button together come off! Your bike will take off like a horse that been bit by a horse fly! In the process your spring under that button will launch the button and spring into low earth orbit.
I fixed most of( I missed one bike just looked) my bikes buttons by drilling a very small hole through it and cotter pinning it in place of the sorry c-clip.
I'll have to get some pictures up so you can see what I'm talking about.

.duh. <= this really was me laff

Sumbiatch tore right out of my hand!! I guess the best thing to come out of this is a desire to drop 50 pounds....I figure if my bike does that with no weight on it....wee.xct2

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
You should have had a video of that might of won some money to pay for the damages it caused!
That sounds so funny!!! I know it wasn't!
Norman

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Well thank goodness no damage....I think once it was over it would have been a 5 star video......see the (over) confident idiot rev his speedster bike with a doo-doo eating grin....see the bike launch, WHEELIE UP and run straight through the garage (amazing that), climb the Mountain of Disorganization in the land of Kids, bank a hard left, spin the tire on a vertical wall (and lP

that is so FUNNY! sorry I think I deleted your last little bit on your post my mistake!!!!
need yo get the guy to make one of these doing your now famous stunt.duh.)Pablo)
Normanzpt thus is me! Dummy me(Norman)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flameout

Oct 23, 2008
Chicago
So you switched your shifter to the left side too!
I liked the fuctionality of the old clutch. You pull it in, and it locks!
It just needed to be made better.

Last edited:

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Haven't tried the old clutch, just seen pics. Didn't know it was auto lock. I like that idea.
The Point Beach now has shifter and clutch on left side. Throttle and dual pull brake on right side.