Hello from Montana

GoldenMotor.com

MtDave

Jun 22, 2013
Missoula, Montana
Hi folks,

I have been a long time member but am kind of shy by nature so have only read and read and read the forums for the past few years.

I built an e-bay 2-stroke kit on an old mountain bike I had and it was a blast all last summer, both building and riding. Never got brave enough to get more than a mile or so from from home but made it back home all but 1 time :)

I am possibly going to build a 4-stroke next and have already purchased a Firmstrong "The Chief" cruiser for my next attempt. I may pull the 2-stroke off my mtn bike or go with a 4-stroke kit, really haven't decided yet.

The real reason for this post is to thank everyone on this forum that is so willing to help and put the effort out there to make sure all us new guys have the best possible success. I look forward to many more hrs of reading and learning - and now that I have made a post I may even ask a million and one questions on my next project :scratg

Wazr Rich

Mar 31, 2014
saint louis
cool man. I'm new too. Lots of knowledge here. Those 4 strokes seem to be the way to go for reliability and such but I think it makes a bike more motorcycle than bicycle. But it's all good you know? Just my two cents. Have fun.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
We're glad you finally spoke up! Not that there's anything wrong, really, with lurking.

But we think of ourselves as friends here.

Sometimes we bicker a bit. But there's a spirit of community here. And there's always room for one more.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
...and one more form Montana no less!

Welcome MTDave! Glad to have you chime in. Have you signed on to the member map yet?

I prefer 4-strokes, but if that 2 banger is broke in and running, mount it. Do a full service and clean, maybe even paint if you feel like it, and you'll have a nice gas-bike.

Keep us informed, ask all the questions you need, and post pics! ;)

Trey

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've come in out of the cold. If we can help in any way with specific questions you might have there is a world of knowledge here to draw from
Good luck with your 4 stroke build. Have fun and ride safe.

(and watch out for that guy from Bozeman) :)

Tom

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Welcome! I did the same thing read and read before joining. Can't wait to see your build,love 4 strokes...................Curt