Bike trailers

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Was at my parents house this weekend, and was talking to my younger brother. He told me about a project he is working on, and I thought it would be great for some of us. He is working on a lowered radio flyer wagon! So I went over to his house to see what he was up to, and to be honest I really want one!

So off to the internet I went and found a few guys that have been making them, and turing them into trailers for lowered mopeds. Figured this would be a cool little addition to our bikes, just something else to use and have fun with.

So this got me to thinking......has anyone done this here? Or heck...even thought of it?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I saw on at a car show recently. Sort of cool. The guy had tubbed it and had two wide gokart tires and rims on the rear. The tubs took up a lot of the hauling space though :)

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I found this

Tom
That's cool looking and I'm sure it gets a ton of attention too...
Our main grocery store chain here in Texas HEB has a giant shopping cart like that with a dragster engine in it and it stands about 10 feet tall, they take it to the different stores and show it in the parking lots from time to time, it's really cool looking too, and it has an engine that any respectable gear head would drool all over... I'll try to find a pic of it later.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Ok now that is just plain cool!

I wonder what my wife would say if I tore my truck down and built something like that......though not to sure it would be a good idea here in the winter.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That's a neat idea. I keep an eye on the local Craig's List for bike trailers, always on the look out for ideas (or a good deal)..

Here's one that's been listed for a few months.. out of my range, and not truly useful for me anyway, but he's come down $50 on the price in the last 2 months:

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Now thats KOOOOL going to have to think about doing that to my regular trailer with wood sides.................Curt

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Russell,
Are those adult size bikes in the trailer? I'd like to see a picture that gives some idea of the size of the trailer and what's pulling it.

Tom

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I'd bet a nickel that's a Harbor Freight kit trailer. 4x8 deck? I have one just like it. And now I have an idea for what kind of sides to build on my new 5x10 :) That is super cool.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I'd bet a nickel that's a Harbor Freight kit trailer. 4x8 deck? I have one just like it. And now I have an idea for what kind of sides to build on my new 5x10 :) That is super cool.
Yes it is a HF 4x8 trailer. It is 20 yrs old and has at least 10k mi on it. I have changed the axle and bearings once. this trailer has been a work horse and paid for it's self many times over. It will be hauling bikes to Dan's rally this weekend rally in Ct. and to Jay's rally in Pa. next weekend.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Like I mentioned my younger brother is working on one right now. When he gets it done I will get some pictures of it hopefully hooked up to my bike.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Russell,
Are those adult size bikes in the trailer? I'd like to see a picture that gives some idea of the size of the trailer and what's pulling it.

Tom
Tom, you have to see this thing Russell built! Is really awesome. He got it perfect. A really well done rendition.

(I still say it needs a giant handle/pull)
But the thing looks right at home behind a car.