MTB forks for Cruisers.

GoldenMotor.com

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
I think that MTB forks look pretty snazzy on a cruiser frame.

My hope is to eventually remove the fenders, put on a MTB fork, and MTB wheels as well (new hub and everything so I can get disc brakes, shift kit removing the left sprock).

Would that look good on my bike? I think it gives it that cool "racer" look.

Gonna get a shift kit and exp. chamber as well (Going ALL OUT!).

What do you guys think?:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I think you have a nice MAB !
(but I really don't like the look of a gazillion cables! Need to learn a solution)

I think you will have a significant improvement with front suspension. I've even been looking at the $17 Zoom forks! anything would be better than none!

Good luck with your plans!
rc

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
Do it! Front suspension save your arms from turning to Jell-o after a long ride. And it shouldn't matter if we think it'll look good, as long as you are happy with your bike, that's all that matters.

@rustycase, I've seen a bike around town that has used a small diameter galvanized conduit pipe to run cables thru. It didn't really keep the front end from having a cable mess, but it kept everything in order along the frame. I've been thinking of doing the same thing but with copper pipe...

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
mtb forks will lift the front end up so you might want to change the handle bars also.springer forks will sit lower keeping the same"feel" you have now.nice bike.