Gas prices are going up

GoldenMotor.com

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
most likely a sudden influx in the need for it so they were on short stocks of it then, then maybe they had to rush more in from a more expensive dealer.

just a thought. hopefully it goes back down soon for you.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
WikiLeaks cables: Saudi Arabia cannot pump enough oil to keep a lid on prices. US diplomat convinced by Saudi expert that reserves of world's biggest oil exporter have been overstated by nearly 40%

WikiLeaks cables: Saudi Arabia cannot pump enough oil to keep a lid on prices | Business | The Guardian

Get ready for gas prices to skyrocket. Right now prices are going up at a time of year when they normally go down. Just wait till this summer. This could possibly be the biggest year for motor bicycles ever.

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Last week i looked at a lot of info and video`s on "wood gas" . Interesting. The fast wood gas pickup in ill. Burns rubber for approx 100 feet. Lol. Old technology from ww ii times etc. In remoter places they run generators on wood gas.

Ron ps, i think they all have thumb throttles. Lol
I like thumb/lever throttles!
Gotta love 100+ MPG.
Eventually, I think we will all be riding electrics... the price of LiPo battery's WILL come down as the prices all new technologies do.

BBB
.xx.

Last edited:

oldsub

Dec 9, 2010
Victoria
I'm 74 years old, and I can remember my uncle had a engine on his bike. He used it quite often until he piled it up. I think he was maybe 16 or 17 years old.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
bitsnpieces, 4L=3.78 U.S. gallons.

In around Vancouver, British Columbia we at $1.22.5 a liter.

Bairdco, I cant wait until John Force discovers motor bikes.

Steve.
4 liters = 1.05668821 US gallons
Sorry, it was just bothering me.
Anyway, regular is like around $3.16 here in CT

oldsub

Dec 9, 2010
Victoria
What about the price of gas, there is a much high danger waiting to happen that will drive the price of gas above the availability to the human race. And nobody talks about this danger. First here some math.

1 US gallon = 3.79 liters
1 Imperial gallon = 4.55 liters
1 barrel of oil = 42 US gallons or 0.15899 cubic meters

Here are some daily usage of crude oil 2007;

US daily estimate (2007) 20,680,000 bbl/day X 0.15899 cubic meters = 3,287,913.2 cubic meters daily of space or 116,111,557.19 cubic feet of space

Worldwide daily estimate 2007 85,085,664 bbl/day X 0.15899 cubic meters = 13,527,769
cubic meters of space or 477,728,646.84 cubic feet of space

In (2007) we where generating 477,728,646.84 cubic feet of space per day under ground because of removing 85,085,664 barrels of oil per day. What fills or replaces the oil that is take from the ground. Oh they say to cover up, water. But that a little far fetched, and without going into details, hard to believe. No the days the oceans crack open or the morning you hear on the news, Saudi sank and under 10 feet of water. Believe me, oil will hit the roof.

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
What about the price of gas, there is a much high danger waiting to happen that will drive the price of gas above the availability to the human race. And nobody talks about this danger. First here some math.

1 US gallon = 3.79 liters
1 Imperial gallon = 4.55 liters
1 barrel of oil = 42 US gallons or 0.15899 cubic meters

Here are some daily usage of crude oil 2007;

US daily estimate (2007) 20,680,000 bbl/day X 0.15899 cubic meters = 3,287,913.2 cubic meters daily of space or 116,111,557.19 cubic feet of space

Worldwide daily estimate 2007 85,085,664 bbl/day X 0.15899 cubic meters = 13,527,769
cubic meters of space or 477,728,646.84 cubic feet of space

In (2007) we where generating 477,728,646.84 cubic feet of space per day under ground because of removing 85,085,664 barrels of oil per day. What fills or replaces the oil that is take from the ground. Oh they say to cover up, water. But that a little far fetched, and without going into details, hard to believe. No the days the oceans crack open or the morning you hear on the news, Saudi sank and under 10 feet of water. Believe me, oil will hit the roof.

SRY but lol !
The oil and gas is trapped in something called permeability and porosity and in no way shape or form is there ever a big pool of oil in the ground.
Mostly its small spaces cracks and fractures the contain the oil and gas and that is trapped by a caprock of impermeable rock that prevents it from coming to the surface. Yes we are removing large amounts of oil and has , but as a general rule as a Reservoir ages (oil and gas are removed or produced from) the oil and water cut increases . OLder = more water , the water is called produced water and it generally has a high salinity.
As old fields age the tend to produce more "produced water" so in truth the voids created by removing the oil are just replaced by high salt content water.
But ok if you think Saudi Arabia is going to sink into the red sea its ok but i wouldn't bet on it !

Nice math btw ;)

Oh and they dont just say water , or produced water , its no lie , you can have a oil well produce 30000 bbls(at the start) of oil water back to 28000bbls water (produced) to 2000 bbls oil(@ the end).

No lie i have seen it happen , in fact if a greedy oil company tries to produce too much oil out of a well it can water back .

Hey oldsub is Victoria and hongcover still dumping all the raw sewage from the city's waste water system into the ocean?
Just asking

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
. No the days the oceans crack open or the morning you hear on the news, Saudi sank and under 10 feet of water. Believe me, oil will hit the roof.
by the time that happens it will be because they already sucked up alll there oil, remember?meaning it will already have been sky high for a while n mite actually lower since theres now less people that need oil xD

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Wood gas

if gas prices get much higher wood gas may be an option for some of us.

Being retired now and lots of free time. Maybe running a gas generator for charging batteries and day time house power with wood gas.

The little woodgas stove`s are neat and very efficient. Lots of neat video`s on you tube. Very interesting, sort of like our mab hobby !!

Attachments

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Wood gas

if gas prices get much higher wood gas may be an option for some of us.

Being retired now and lots of free time. Maybe running a gas generator for charging batteries and day time house power with wood gas.

The little woodgas stove`s are neat and very efficient. Lots of neat video`s on you tube. Very interesting, sort of like our mab hobby !!
after looking into this a little bit i'm kind of curious as to why we're not already doing this? aside from the filtration process it seems pretty simple and the cost of filtration is probably far lower then the cost of drilling for oil.

oldsub

Dec 9, 2010
Victoria
Just to catch up on this dangers of moving oil from the ground. First I spend 30 years of my life drilling holes in the ground, looking for oil, water, diamonds or gold. These holes where in Libya, Yemen, India and many places in Africa. It does not matter what formation the oil is in, generally shale, volume is space. If you remove the oil from shale it still leaves space, it like taking a shovel full of soil, it leaves a hole. As for water, first question I would ask, where does the water come from? Anyway nobody cares, the penalty is yet to come. Thanks for letting me blow some stream off.

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Lol

just lol

Wow it would seem that now days we pull oil from totally different formations than you did way back when ;)

Well have a ex cop that calls the cops the po po

And we have a ex rig hand that drills for oil in shale ......

When working on the rig did you do anything but run a scrub brush?

Last edited: