Is the www.bicycle-engines.com still active?

GoldenMotor.com

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
I was wondering if anyone has bought anything recently from this website. I e-mailed them a while back and they never responded. It also says 2009 for the time it was last updated. Just want to make sure they are still operational before I try to order anything from them. Thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
John,
A word of caution. Don't order from a supplier unless you can speak to them by phone. If they won't answer an email imagine what you'll encounter if you get a kit from them and there is a problem or warranty issue. We always suggest that after sale support is more important than initial price or claims of horsepower and speed. A seller that will not answer an email is a red flag. Stick to sellers who are accessible and who have a good reputation for customer support.
Tom

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Bicycle-engines.com is still around and selling kits and parts. They have never been very good at the whole e-mail thing. They do have a toll free phone #, and they do answer the phone. But when it comes to e-mail they just don't seem to get it or want to?

ocscully

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
2 Door,

Using that criteria Jim at Manic Mechanic is not someone we should deal with because he doesn't do email for regular business. Says so right on his web site. I don't think your criteria is valid. Either phone OR e-mail yes.

Jim