Very New And Need A Lot Of Advice

GoldenMotor.com

davilajoel

Nov 5, 2009
Orlando
Hello everyone my name is Joel. I live in florida. I wanted to buy a gas powered engine for my bike and I need a lot of help from experienced riders. Thank you so much in advance, here is a list of what I want.

1) I have a Motobecane Jubilee DLX 6061 AL bike.

2) I want to use the gears that are ALREADY on the bike WITH the engine, i dont want the engine to have a separate gear. That way I can switch gears throughout the ride and give the engine more ease.

3) I want an engine that can start from a stopped position.

4) I want an engine that is quiet and green.

5) I still want good POWER. But i want something between 50-66 ccs. perferably something close to 66cc

6) I do not want an engine that looks like that honda one.. where it looks like a lawnmower engine. I want the engines that look like all silver that connect in the middle of the bike.

Thank you for all your help. Im hoping I can order this engine by the end of the week. Thank you and I will post pictures of my bike and my work done at the end. Thank you.

This is what MY BIKE looks like except its black.

davilajoel

Nov 5, 2009
Orlando
by the way, i want a gas powered engine where i can just fill the tank with gas and not a half gas half oil mixture. thank you. i think i would want a 4 stroke engine. but im not too sure what i want. the most important thing to me is that i can use my already existing gears to gear the engine so it doesnt get wore out with hills or anything. thank you. i cant wait to buy my ENGINE!!!, (I need the whole kit, not just the engine lol) and I need the kit to make my existing gears work with the engine too. So i think i need to buy two things... THANK YOU

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
by the way, i want a gas powered engine where i can just fill the tank with gas and not a half gas half oil mixture. thank you. i think i would want a 4 stroke engine. but im not too sure what i want. the most important thing to me is that i can use my already existing gears to gear the engine so it doesnt get wore out with hills or anything. thank you. i cant wait to buy my ENGINE!!!, (I need the whole kit, not just the engine lol) and I need the kit to make my existing gears work with the engine too. So i think i need to buy two things... THANK YOU

wow your asking for alot, i hope you have alot of money and alot of time, and your good with engines,

one thing that got me was the half gas half oil?? thats like a 1:1 mixture! no engine would run on that,

if you want one thats silver and goes in the frame you need a 2 stroke, almost all 4 strokes have a shrouding that force cools the engine and will make it look like (a lawn mower engine) because most lawn mowers are 4 stroke, you said its a motobecane? i have one of those, the transmition is a variator, not gears, and you would need to get an engine with the exact same idle rpms and power band(virtually impossible) you would then need to use the existing belt system and somehow rig the variator to fit on the engine, if you want gears you need to get a jack shaft shift kit, ive seen them but they cost more than the standard HT 2 stroke, you will also need a 2 stroke engine to work with the shift kit,

here is the shift kit
Sick Bike Parts Shifter Kit

and here is an engine
Zoombicycles Motor Bicycle Gas Engine Kits FREE SHIPPING - Jet Silver 80cc Gas Bicycle Engine Kit | Bicycle Engine Kits | RuiHong Enterprises Ltd.

it is a 2 stroke, dont run it on straight gas and dont mix it 50/50. you want a 16:1 for the break in and a 20:1 for the usual running,

good luck!

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
ok my bad, your motobecane is a bicycle, motobecane also makes mopeds, my bad, so forget about the variator crap,

just get the sick bike parts shift kit if you want to use the regular bicycle gears, you will still need a 2 stroke though,

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Would be a compromise to some of your needs, but some thing like Hough did fits most of the bill. He made the airfilter and I think he got rid of the "Lawn Mower" thing. Truth be told, I thought the same thing about the Hondas and HS 4 strokes. Until I rode one. Love my 2 strokes, just sayin' Crazy thing I learned on these things, any thing painted black disappears to the eye of the casual onlooker.

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/houghmade-71-done-but-never-done-3450.html

davilajoel

Nov 5, 2009
Orlando
dan, his setup looks nice!! u cant even tell that it looks like a 4 stroke! howx much wud that engine cost and how much horsepower will it give me

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi davilajoel, I have been busy, it seems night and day, but while watching this thread, I see room for me to make useful comments on a few things.

On your primary list of wishes:

2) I want to use the gears that are ALREADY on the bike WITH the engine, i dont want the engine to have a separate gear. That way I can switch gears throughout the ride and give the engine more ease.

Illegal in most states to ever shift motorized bicycle, UNLESS you buy Motorcycle registration.
AND Unnecessary with the EZM we get food all-around performance WITHOUT shifting

3) I want an engine that can start from a stopped position.

EZ......we use rope-start engines, and our Primary drive (Q-Matic) is adaptable to other rope start operations.

4) I want an engine that is quiet and green.

you can use a number of engines including the CARB2 compliant HondaGX50

5) I still want good POWER. But i want something between 50-66 ccs. perferably something close to 66cc

Ok check REAL specs and fine that Hau Sheng 50 and GX50HA will outperform the 66 and is clean and LEGAL in most of the US and the rest of the world, also know, that many stats require LESS than 50cc's to be legal

6) I do not want an engine that looks like that honda one.. where it looks like a lawnmower engine. I want the engines that look like all silver that connect in the middle of the bike.

Many of us would love this BUT, take Houghmade, and others ideas and "redress" that little engine, I will include a modest example.

Attachments

davilajoel

Nov 5, 2009
Orlando
lol there are no hills in orlando really. i wasnt really liking any 4strokes but certain people have made them look really cool. i was just about to purchase a 490 dollar morini cuz i heard all other 2 stroke engines break down easy. i was told to buy japanese or italian. how does this 4 stroke compare to the italian morini in cost, and performance?