Historical view of the pre-war Huffman

GoldenMotor.com

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
1939 Huffman Mfg. made Dayton Twin-Flex Ballooner Bicycle with Dual Suspension

I saw this on Ebay today and I had to share...this bike is so amazing. The seller has a nice write up and great detailed pics about this bicycle and the history of the 39' Huffman so it's fun to read too. If only I had an extra $4,800 to spend.

Mint RARE Antique 1939 Prewar Huffman Mfg. made Dayton Twin-Flex Ballooner Bicycle with Dual Suspension

...I bet somebody on here has this bike or has worked on one.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
This Mint Bicycle is an Original 1939 model Dayton Twin-Flex Bike, Fully Restored with Show Stopping Paint Work, Beautiful Chrome, NOS and New Parts, and Assembled with Quality Mechanics. This Dayton Bike was made in late 1938 - 1939 by Huffman Manufacturing. Huffman also manufactured Bikes with Labels like Firestone, National, Air Flight, and La France. This Bike was Cutting Edge at its time, with Deluxe Dual Cushioning, boasting that it was the most important development since the coaster brake.

Last edited:

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Yeah, I'm bumping this one! I'm no artist but this beautiful bike oozes gorgeous ArtDeco styling to it's full glory. Jim Felt needs to do one like this. I'd buy it!

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
I dunno, bit in the Muncie Star/Press yesterday; 'Superman' comic book, 1939, volume #1, $1.5 million. Hey the comicbook wasn't even restored! LOL