Schwinn Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
A friend of mine just sent me some pictures of his build. The guy is a true craftsman and I felt his work needs to be seen. He is not finished, but this should give us an idea of what to expect from the rest of the build.

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
yes, those handlebars are wonderful, like the true Indians!!

if I may, I would suggest to lower the seat, expecially in the rear

excellent stuff!!

BTW I'm reading a book on the Brooklands circuit in the UK... do you know who was in the Indian factory team circa 1910? a certainly WO Bentley!! :)

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Hey Pat,

You need to tell your friend it's time to get his bike on the road where everyone can see it! With all this rain, he should be stuck indoors long enough to get that bike out on the road. We may just have to push him over the finish line.

KVC_customz

Feb 22, 2010
hollister
Ok guys, by popular demand, here she is now with the tank and fully road worthy!

Thank you Jordon, Pat and Rich for incouraging me and helping me on this fun project!

I'm hooked!

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Bring on the pictures, man! We can't see it sitting in the corner like that. Is it such a "bad" bike that it's taking a time out and you told it to go stand in the corner? Really looks cool from what I can see.

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
wow beautiful bike!! what kind of tank is that??!?!! looks like the tanks from Derringer Cycles... I NEED ONE OF THOSE TANKS!!!!!:D:D

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
that's a wonderful build, hats off!!

can you please let me know what size are the tires and where you got them?

also, where did you get the handlebars? they are way cool!

thanks and hats off!

diego

KVC_customz

Feb 22, 2010
hollister
OK guys,
here's the road to finishing black beauty!

it all started with my buddy's brother who showed us his bike "Pat" the bad ass fabricator!
Being that he had set the bar high to start, and my friend Rich right behind, I had to go big!

I wanted to have a bike that truely look like a "flat tracker + board tracker + Cole Foster's hints of vintage harley taste! All under 1000.00, well guess what... I fell short on the 1000.00 but the finish bike speaks for it's self.

An old school fabricator by the name of Joron Skow, lead in making alot of my ideas come true, Thanks brother!
Truly the baddest guy in town! You name it, from Lead sleds, bikes to airplanes, the guy does it all!

The man loves what he does and doesn't stop til it's perfect!

The pic's show how it came along over a 3 month period.

Now for the next trick..... maybe a 80 mile/yr worksman true board track bike? a BSA on speed?
who knows, but it's been a fun ride so far!

enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited: