New springer forks for dads bike?$?

GoldenMotor.com

homebuiltbikes

Nov 18, 2010
tallahassee florida
Hello all. I'm thinking of getting new springer forks for my dads bike. so far this is all I could find. and I looked everywhere. Fork Kit - Springer Chrome - Cycles U.S. LLC/Choppers U.S.
Now those are springers. not girders like those shwinn (springer) forks.Those are great looking forks but I'd like to know if there are any other options. Does anybody know of any other true springer forks out there? I saw another fork somwhere that cost more and werent as nice. so far I'll be getting these as soon as I can talk my wife into it. I'd like to know if there are any others around that compare to these.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What's your dad's bike? Does it take a threadless fork or is it threaded? More options for threadless it seems. Yes, those are pricey. You might look at Felt for their springers which are supposed to be good. I use all the old stuff for threaded, so don't know much about the threadless options. Good luck. Nice thing to do for your dad. He'll appreciate it as they do smooth out the road.
SB

homebuiltbikes

Nov 18, 2010
tallahassee florida
To Silverbear
My dads bikes pictures are in my album. About ten years ago my dad asked me if I could build him something to ride around. He rode all his life but no longer had a bike as he developed a heart condition and sold his last one. So I made him this one. I checked out felt and they have forks just like my monarks. I think theirs are better made though. I had to re-weld mine. Anyway I gave the bike to my dad and he waited for the weekend to ride it. He took it out for his first time on a penn. dirt road,got tangled in a rut,fell and past away. There's more to it than that but I'm sure he was enjoying that ride. so I got it back and have been taking great care of it ever since Always making something better. That's why I'm doing one better with the forks now. I recently redid the whole thing. new old engine,tecumseh HS50,wheels,paint,brakes and so on. I don't know if I'll ever be done. I'm thinkin bout a stator and lighting system. those stator ignition plates are like gold. If anybody knows where I can get one cheap I'll hug ya.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It was pretty neat of you to build this bike for him. It's a great bike, by the way. You did a beautiful job. I can see that there would be many reasons why the bike would be special for you and is still your dad's bike. Gives me a lump in my throat thinking about it. No, I suppose the bike will never be quite done, nor should it be. Wishing you the best.
SB