sneak peak of acme V twin

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Ohhhhh,.,.,.,.Ohhhhhh.,.,.,.That's simply incredible.......I can't put enough emphasis on that.......single or double carb ?.......two into one exhaust ?....
( shades of a Borla exhaust ?

Cool !
Salty

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Thats SWEEET! Now here, im not sure if minors can fdrive that, but in 7-8 years, when i get my license i am getting it.

Thats another thing ion my "things do do before i die list"
1 Kick fredbird
2 Desgin a bike SPECIFICLY for mb kits
3 Get the v twin from acme kits

Raywelder

Jul 26, 2009
USA
Very Nice! cant wait to see it run, Or see them being sold.
Today I was pondering the idea of linking two of them together from crankshaft to crankshaft with a chain for a simple twin engine setup.

Turns out somebody is already working on it!

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!!!! That is outstanding.... WoW, nice, sheesh that the coolest 120 I've seen since my stepdad got his harley hummer!

Last edited by a moderator:

deck99

Mar 27, 2009
nebraska
Wow! I for sure am interested in buying one of these motors. I gather from all this that it's made in the USA?

Thanks,

deck99

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
yep im in ohio were geting ready to unleash the furry of costom parts for your bikes. of corse the vtwin,custom pipes, fined clutch and mag cover, hi compresion heads, custom fiber glass and steal gas tanks. hopefuly all will be ready for winter projects.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
we have a short vid of it running, but were having a problem getting it to play the file, our ez share software locks up half way through the vid. we got a 12 year old working on it so it should be fixed soon. us old farts don't know spit about computers. lol.

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
the cranks are linked together with the clutch. still working out the bugs. took for ever to get the motor to run right on one carb. the one crank stoped before the other because of the crank gear key shearing off when you excelarate under load and during shut down. still working on the bugs. hopefuly it will be ready for production this wenter.

Ruger44

Apr 4, 2009
Middelburg, Netherlands
the cranks are linked together with the clutch. still working out the bugs. took for ever to get the motor to run right on one carb. the one crank stoped before the other because of the crank gear key shearing off when you excelarate under load and during shut down. still working on the bugs. hopefuly it will be ready for production this wenter.

At what ange did you couple the cranks? Not sure what angle will work best, 55 degrees maybe?

There are so many stresses involved, especially as it is a twostroke,
I remember the coupling of Square Four Ariel's also was a weak point in the first year(s)
But I am sure it can work, with the right set-up and materials! :)

Succes with the build!