"Me and My Motorized Bicycle"

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
No doubt who the most handsome is , Check out the winner in the little photo, upper left hand corner of this reply. Happy Trails Walter F.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona

This is me in June when I first started riding these motorized bikes and this was my first build, a Staton-inc inside drive with a Subaru EHO35.

This is me as I think I am on a good day. I used to be quite a good motor even with a hundred pounds in a trailer. "Living in the Past", I think Jethro Tull sold me that album in the early 1970's.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Dawg that is shweet. I've always thought about building me something similar.

But for safety considerations,you may need to change that gooseneck for a BMX type,by evidence of what happened to our good friend Turbo.

http://motorbicycling.com/f28/our-mb-friend-turbo-chaos-just-3409.html

Someone else said the same thing... I think what happened to Turbo was because of a faulty neck, not because of the size of the bars! (His was a aluminum neck, probably from China?)
The necks on my "ape bikes" are old school Chicago Schwinn necks that are heavy steel... (very strong!) ;)

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
You are right that an Astrabula forged steel stem is way stronger than a poorly cast aluminum stem that looks good. Even a well cast one needs to be considerably thicker than the steel.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
True that. The steel goosenecks are pretty strong. And it looks like if the neck doesn't stick out as much as Turbo's did then it doesn't look like much of a worry.
I tried to fit a BMX stem on my trike. It seems they make these stems too thick to fit in my fork. So I'll just keep an eye on mine.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
True that. The steel goosenecks are pretty strong. And it looks like if the neck doesn't stick out as much as Turbo's did then it doesn't look like much of a worry.
I tried to fit a BMX stem on my trike. It seems they make these stems too thick to fit in my fork. So I'll just keep an eye on mine.
Look for a old school BMX "tuff-neck" on ebay... you can't break them! (^)

ZigyZ7

Oct 19, 2008
Manchester NH
would a fully wide open throttle all the time cause a gas leak from the carb and what parts are there in the throttle part of the carb i might be missing a part name them all off for me plz