Bike wont start after fixing air leak

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It sounds like you still have a air leak somewhere.

Also... If the O-ring is in a groove in the intake?, it should be OK, but if it's pinched between the end of the intake & the carb it can pop out & go down the engine (as the others have said).

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
crassius, ill check fuel flow tomorrow that was the next thing on my list. Tyler again, its not leaking oil. Its leaking air lol i will check all the seals any ways though.
I said in post #7 that is is probably an air leak but you swore up and down that you checked for air leaks and everything was "sealed up tight" so I was trying to think of other possibilities.

JangAlang

May 8, 2014
illinois
Im with tyler..i think its an air leak from carb or oil seals. I personally always gotta check one or the other if my bike aint starting. These seals have a lip on em and that part might be tore without any major leakage yet..i find you can get a high idle but still function on one seal but it runs not as well. As fer the rest i would listen to crassius..helped out on a lot of issues. Also with carb i seal the grooves while carb is on with gasket sealer and put an o ring in. Put a better nut and n allen head bolt on carb to tighten it down better..checking it periodically whike tightening so you dont break the grooves.. just my opinions have a great one and as a person who relies on their bike everyday, hope ya get it fixed

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think you said that you had good compression but if you are still using the stock acorn head nuts then this may be part of your issue. Either replace those nuts or cut the domes off and re-torque.

Another thing to try is closing the spark plug gap down to .022 . That may help a weak ignition.