Ebay sellers, rose326?

GoldenMotor.com

mibike

Mar 21, 2015
Michigan
Been seeing lots of people suggesting kits from her on ebay, but doesn't seem like she does them anymore? Or am I missing them.

Anyway, my current list of potentials:

http://www.gasbike.net/ghost-racer-4-stroke-kit.html (Unsure about the 4stroke, sounds like they are more difficult than 2stroke? And this will be my first build)

http://www.gasbike.net/Silver-Slant-48cc.html

http://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine...horse-silver-bicycle-engine-kit-2-stroke.html (is this overpriced? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of under 50cc 2stroke kits anywhere besides ebay. Theres also that mega motors one from bikeberry, but the specs on it seem pretty bad)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48cc-49cc-2...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4181d3ba55 (sashawigs2009, another seller that seems to be popular? also good price)

InvalidSteveO

Mar 23, 2015
Texas
I've also seen a lot of kits on Ebay. Ranging from $120 to $150ish (free shipping included)and honestly I can't tell a difference. I'm also new to this whole thing so there's that....HA!

mibike

Mar 21, 2015
Michigan
Yeah most kits don't really offer much in the way of specs to compare. They all seem the same. Makes me want to buy from bikeberry just because they at least list some numbers.

InvalidSteveO

Mar 23, 2015
Texas
I've seen people post about these kits:

http://thatsdax.com/

They are a little more expensive, but apparently he tests them before he ships them and offers pretty good support after the sale. Based on that, it's in the running for my first engine purchase.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've seen people post about these kits:

http://thatsdax.com/

They are a little more expensive, but apparently he tests them before he ships them and offers pretty good support after the sale. Based on that, it's in the running for my first engine purchase.
The engines thatsdax sells along with the excellent customer service he offers after the sale makes the extra $$ well worth it.

I have several engines from him and they've all been good ones, best balan ed and strongest engines I've had overall.

There are some ebay vsellers who do have good kits also, but they're more of a crap shoot, since they just ship the kits or engines out completely untested and so you may get a good one and you may not, customer service isn't likely to be nearly as good as the venders here either.

There are other vendors who advertise here on the forum who have good kits, Venice & Jakes are a couple other vendors who are known to take good care of people after the sale and also carry good engines from what I've heard on here.

mibike

Mar 21, 2015
Michigan
I've decided I'm either going through bikeberry or gasbike. Both seem a LITTLE bit more pricy than ebay, but both also have 6month warranty supposedly.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've decided I'm either going through bikeberry or gasbike. Both seem a LITTLE bit more pricy than ebay, but both also have 6month warranty supposedly.
All I can tell you is good luck, for sure not might first choices, but hope it works out for you, and for what its worth, 6 month warranty......????? dont count on it or customer service after the sale.

Best wishes, map

mibike

Mar 21, 2015
Michigan
Doesn't seem anyone has great customer service AND a relatively cheap product; seems its one or the other. I've emailed a number of sellers and most haven't answered within a week. Theres one ebay seller that seemed decent, but their english was quite bad and I felt like that could cause problems.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Doesn't seem anyone has great customer service AND a relatively cheap product; seems its one or the other. I've emailed a number of sellers and most haven't answered within a week. Theres one ebay seller that seemed decent, but their english was quite bad and I felt like that could cause problems.
Its been said here more that once how good the customer or pre customer service is before and after the sale by thatsdax, did you miss that point?

Of course I dont personally care who someone buys from, but when the questions are ask, I wont hesitate to let them know who has been proven to provide excellent customer service on here.

The two sellers you choose have been reported over and over on here for several years as having some of the worst service after the sale, but hey like I said maybe you have a different experience and maybe you'll get lucky and get an engine with good balance that will saty together and perform well for you.

Do your time using the search feature or ask many of us who have been here a while and most of us will tell you who has the best engines and the best service like Im doing right now, but its completely up to you whether or not you choose to consider any of it.

best wishes on whatever you do.
map

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Thats dax is probably still yer best bet, But I've got a few kits from Engineonlineshop. No problems so far. Kits were complete and every engine ran as well as can be expected for a China girl. And NO PROBLEM shipping to California. And the price is a little better than most.
fatdaddy.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thats dax is probably still yer best bet, But I've got a few kits from Engineonlineshop. No problems so far. Kits were complete and every engine ran as well as can be expected for a China girl. And NO PROBLEM shipping to California. And the price is a little better than most.
fatdaddy.
Are these GT5 type engines that Engineonlineshop have or had?

i went to gheir site and they are all sold out.

Just curious since the description for their engines says that they're 38mm stroke engines.

mibike

Mar 21, 2015
Michigan
Ahh ignore me. Maybe I will go through dax. Just noticed that $199 kit, which sounds right in my price range. I only saw the the $499 engine and immediately thought the whole site was going to be like that.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ahh ignore me. Maybe I will go through dax. Just noticed that $199 kit, which sounds right in my price range. I only saw the the $499 engine and immediately thought the whole site was going to be like that.
Duane who owns thatsdax is a great fella, and yes his prices are a bit more than some, but in my opinion better quality and excellent service after the sale has value, there are others on here that offer good service and better than average products also, but I have to speak for what has been best for me.

dax, sbp, pirate, jakes, bgf on ebay, song top on ebay, mickeylee on ebay, rose326a

these are all good vendors in every single transaction I have made with them, im leaving a couple out but just an example of the vendors Ive had good service from on here and on ebay.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Are these GT5 type engines that Engineonlineshop have or had?

i went to gheir site and they are all sold out.

Just curious since the description for their engines says that they're 38mm stroke engines.
I'm just starting to learn about the different types of engines myself. I didn't realize there was a difference except for the difference between manufacturers, Which can sometimes be A LOT. In the future just give it some time and EOS will get another shipment of kits in. Sounds like yer going with DAX, Which is a very good choice. My thing is, I'm poor, and a $50 or $60 difference in price usually means getting a kit or not. I never have an extra $50 so I gotta take my chances with the cheaper stuff. They say money cant buy happiness, My answer is, WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN. Money solves problems, and less problems = more happiness.
fatdaddy.usflg