issue I have never seen

GoldenMotor.com

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
Ok my friend has a bike its a 66cc black kit from speed demon bikes and for some reason it rolls forward with the clutch disengaged. That means it moves forward with the clutch out not squeezed. What could be causing this, the clutch arm articualtor has nothing to do with it I have checked for tightness and even disconnected the cable the bike still rolls forward without a clutch... I cannot get under the plate on the drive sprocket just yet it's has a stripped bolt it's really in there.... Could the wrist pin be jammed inside causing it to constantly be engaged?

TwistedAlloy68

Jul 28, 2013
Bellingham WA
The clutch pin? The one that just floats in there? Maybe the return spring, the one that puts pressure on the clutch pads and clutch disk could have broke, seems really unlikely though, I would also say the star nut is improperly adjusted or your clutch pads are getting worn down. Shouldn't it roll when clutch handle is not engaged?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, get a hand impact driver for those screws that won't turn (you'll strip the heads on them if you don't)

second, the problem is common on new engines that may have been sitting quite a while on the shelf before sale - the clutch gets stuck open, so just take the large round cover off the clutch & give it a smack with a piece of wood that should free it

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
Yes the one that just floats there. Both gears just spin. You know when the clutch is not engaged if you take off the clutch cover you will notice that the clutch gears with spin along with the clutch wheel.. And when the clutch is engaged only the wheel spins... Right now they all spin when the chain moves the clutch is disconnected all together. I'm still trying to get under the drive sprocket side cover to check for the pin being jammed inside I tired tapping on the clutch. I was meaning to get some grease for the sprocket and pin but havnt been able to get there yet

TwistedAlloy68

Jul 28, 2013
Bellingham WA
There is a small woodruf key that connects the 10 tooth chain drive sprocket to the shaft, if the gear is not tight enough it puts extra pressure on that key and can shear it off. Take off the clutch cover then check that gear, if not that then maybe the jackshaft snapped, I bet it's the gear though.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Check the engines output sprocket, chances are the key sheered off, either way you can tell if it moves the drive shaft or not.

If it doesn't it's the drive gear, if it does it's the clutch side.

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
The woodruff key is gone if it the little thing that sits inside the small tooth sprocket in the slit. There is no woodruff key at all....