Best Motor Kit ive bought

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I consider myself a Novice when it comes to these bikes however in the 6 years I've been hooked on Motor bicycles Ive bought my fair share of motors 12 to be exact & I've had the opportunity to deal with almost as many venders I was satisfied with Mings international until I got an order with a head that had 2 ins broken off so I brought it to his attention and was quickly blocked by him.

I couldnt believe it all I said was I recieved the motor in record time but the fins are broken on the head I was not rude nor was I demanding anything at all I can only imagine he confused me with someone else any way this made me swap venders this time I got a winner the last motor I got was packed beautifully nothing was broken it even had a large color picture instruction book with it "sure coulda used that book 6 years ago !

So when I have a good exp. with a vender I like to pass that information along the eBayer I believe is based in California her name is Vera she goes by the eBay name of sashawigs2009

P.S. I still have the broken head from Ming

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
Very cool, thanks for pointing her out! How long have you used the engine? How does it run? Etc...?

Again, thanks for pointing her out. I like the prices and the free shipping to California! Just in time too, I'm looking at ordering my kit soon!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I consider myself a Novice when it comes to these bikes however in the 6 years I've been hooked on Motor bicycles Ive bought my fair share of motors 12 to be exact & I've had the opportunity to deal with almost as many venders I was satisfied with Mings international until I got an order with a head that had 2 ins broken off so I brought it to his attention and was quickly blocked by him.

I couldnt believe it all I said was I recieved the motor in record time but the fins are broken on the head I was not rude nor was I demanding anything at all I can only imagine he confused me with someone else any way this made me swap venders this time I got a winner the last motor I got was packed beautifully nothing was broken it even had a large color picture instruction book with it "sure coulda used that book 6 years ago !

So when I have a good exp. with a vender I like to pass that information along the eBayer I believe is based in California her name is Vera she goes by the eBay name of sashawigs2009

P.S. I still have the broken head from Ming
I have bought from this vendor and the communication with them was excellent, I bought a piston kit from them that unfortunately was wrong, the 66cc/80cc piston kits they sell are for Grube type engines and not the PK80 type engines, at the time I bought one from them they didn't have any specs listed with piston so someone would know which one it was, but now they do so that is good.

seems to be a good reliable vendor.

Map

After looking closer at the engine kits Im thinking thay actually look more like the "GenIV" & "GenV" kits offered by a couple vendors here on the forum, never seen the grube type engines come with a straight plug head so I'm thinking I jumped the gun on my Grube type comment.

I know this vendor is very quick to respond to and email and after I informed them about the piston differences and that their add should detail the piston dimensions they said thank you to me and right straight did the measuements and. Hanged the adds to reflect what I had told them and now the pistons are listed showing the important measurements, I also think this seller is a winner....

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If that engine performs as well as it was packaged, you've found a winner for sure.
You should post a photo of the instruction book that came with it. Very impressive.
Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
It really does, 2door.
Bearded War Machine it runs GREAT!!! granted there is only an hour or so on it but the deceleration is what impresses me the most no bucking like my daily rider does its smooth as........ well it's smooth .

When I let off the gas on my daily bike I have to pull in the clutch or else, but this one ,it just coasts soooo smooth no bucking or anything I may just keep it ..Yea right like the wife will let me!

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
not sure why they are upside down Sorry it's not like any of us need these just wanted to show the quality

Kind of a waste on any of us but for the beginner they are gold!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dang it Jumpa, hat are the vibes like on this engine, does it rev pretty smooth?

You're a bro I trust and you got me wanting to order one of these kits now...lol!

Keep the report and results one this engine coming Im listening...

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep thats a real nice looking Pony for sure... and Tom that is one stringy looking Pony in that yard.......! Bermuda grass just aint enough to grow em off right......!