cns flooding after repairs.

GoldenMotor.com

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
i removed my carb from the bike Saturday to solder up the pilot jet and drill out the main jet. had no issues withe flooding prior to this. put the bowl back on the carb tonight and installed. acts like the float is stuck open. within 20 seconds gas pours out the over flow. i have smacked the bowl with a screw driver but that didnt work, iv disassembled the bowl and can push up on the bowl and it stops fuel flow. i havnt checked float level yet because its too cold and dark tonight, but idk what would have happened to it in 24 hours. any ideas?

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Smacking only works on old tvs.

As maniac said. You might not have assembled it correctly. Shouldn't have to adjust the float, unless you bent the float tang (fulcum). Make sure you have the tang (fulcum) in correctly and not upside down. Don't ask me how I know.

Here's a carburetor guide that may help: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54369

Just turn your fuel flow off for the night, so you don't have a chance of fuel filling the crankcase.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
Smacking only works on old t.v.'s.

As maniac said. You might not have assembled it correctly. Shouldn't have to adjust the float, unless you bent the float tang (fulcum). Make sure you have the tang (fulcum) in correctly and not upside down. Don't ask me how I know.

Here's a carburetor guide that may help: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54369

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
i wouldnt think so either knowing all i did was remove the bowl, unscrew the two jets, do my work and reisntall jets and bowls :/ tomorrow in the light ill be taking it apart again to see what i can find.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The needle can bind if not assembled correctly. Also the pin can slide out halfway and bind the float. Easy fix.

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
i took the bowl off yesterday. didnt see any signs of trouble. removed the float and blew out all the passages with brake solvent and compressed air. reassembled and all is good. now on to some tuning.