Your Old Photos

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It seems that everyone enjoys seeing old photos. I'm starting this thread for our members to share what they have.The subject matter isn't important but just the fact they mean something to you. It doesn't need to bike or motorcycle related but it would be better if the photos were yours and not simply something gleaned from the Internet.

I'll start with a picture of my Dad in 1958, not ancient history, but 56 years make it an old photo. Dad is 5th from the left, the only one not in a suit and is centered behind the trophy. He was a race horse trainer and the horse was one of his most successful endeavors. The other men are owners or part owners and race track officials.

Dad actually appeared in two race horse movies. He was the jocky who rode the horse that won the Kentucky Dreby in a film called, "Glory". In another he made a short appearance riding a race horse passed the camera in a movie. Sorry I can't recall the title but I'll get it and edit this later.

Now show us what you got. It should be fun. Remember, family, friends, vacation shots, historical, whatever. Dig through your old photos and share them here with us.

Tom

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've always enjoyed this picture of my Uncle Vernal in Mount Pleasant. I just like the little police guy I guess.

And my grandfather #88 racing at the Tucson Rodeo grounds. BTW did you know that the Tucson rodeo grounds is also the first municipal airport in the U.S.?

And my cousin Conrad with his P61

Attachments

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Nice old pics!
...horses... and that's a nice racehorse... I had horses year's back.. not thorobreads, but gosh, they are SO sensitive!

...and look at #88... right in the middle of things! lol
I like pics!
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dave, do you realize how much those three cars would be worth today as street rod projects. #22 is a 34 Ford 2 door sedan. One of the most sought after body styles today. When I think of all the precious iron that was destroyed in those early stock car races, I weep.
Great photos though. Thanks.
Tom

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I right clicked this off the net recently- it's not one of my own old photos, but Paris in the early 50's I guess-

and a car I'd really like to have NOW-
and a very frequent comment on the chat board of other people

a Renault maybe?

You CAN'T have it! It wouldn't sell enough gasoline.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not sure what the car in the center is but the grill in the foreground is a late 30s Fiat Topolino. I also see a a Chevy, maybe 49 or 50.
Great photo Nashville. Thanks.

Tom

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
2door,
I think it was about 1938, maybe 1939.
My grandparents received half his CCC wages, the other half he saved & bought a 36 Ford Tudor, have a photo of him & his pride & joy somewhere...
Dave

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
This one was taken in about 1940. My Dad, my moms' sister & one of her brothers. It is his 36 ford, but not the one I'm looking for.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Those are great and priceless.

Just an offer to our members. My other hobby is Photo Shop. I've been doing photo restorations for family, friends and neighbors for a few years. If any of you have an old photo that is damaged or needs restorative work let me know. I'd be happy to fix them for you, no charge. I love doing it.

Tom

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
This is a photo of my late 40's Puch/Allstate motorcycle
From what I was able to piece together of the history of the bike, it was built from left over WW2 parts. Sadly I no longer have the bike. I was living down on the Gulf in Mississippi when Katrina hit, my bike and several other friends bikes were stored in a cargo container that the Hurricane washed away.
Somewhere out in the Gulf or in the Atlantic floats or lies on the bottom, a cargo container full of motorcycles.
View attachment 68167

Dave

Last edited:

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
I want to thank 2door for repairing a photograph for me.
It was a photo of my Brother who was killed in Viet Nam.
I've carried it in my wallet since 1965 and it was showing
it's age & the damage of the years in the wallet.
2door did a wonderful job restoring it and re-sized it for me
so I can print it out as a 8 X 10.
Thank You again 2door.

Dave

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are a couple of old pic's I found in a house I renovated, it was owned by a women who has since passed she is the girl sitting on the running boards of the car in the center of the pics. The girl and her father ( top left hand photo)came to Palmdale California in 1928 from Arkansas and opened antelope Valleys 1st Chevrolet Auto Dealership then later a gas station across the street from the house I renovated Both are still there.
My 1990 ford truck was part of payment for the job, it was her fathers and he was 103 when he passed the truck went into a garage for 17 yrs. until I took possession of it here is a pic of it rolled out of the garage 1st time in 17 yrs and after a little T.L.C., his Arco Credit Card was still in the Glove Box it was dated 1953.

Attachments

Last edited: