Have You Ever Heard This Crap From Gasbike.net?

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I just ordered two engines and they were promised to go out monday, but called them Wednesday and they gave a speech on how they couldn't ship it out because they had so many orders. I feel like somebody here has had that crap before.
I finaly got tracking today, but they have not been tendered to Fedex yet, and they could have been here 3 days ago if they shipped on time!
:-||
-Zane

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Who did you order from? Usually the big vendors ship fast. I'm guessing because they have the inventory and lots of things to ship. I usually get stuff from BFG in under 3 days. For all you know he could just be ordering it in those 3 days then shipping it to you at a higher fee.

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
I have never ordered from Gasbike/Kings Motorbikes, but I have read in countless posts that they are known for poor customer service. Just from the many, many complaints I have read I won't throw my money their way.

I hope it works out for you ok.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
CARider.

You should have done your homework.

No matter what kind of motor you get, one thing remains the same.

NEVER BUY FROM GAS BIKE.net OR KINGS MOTORSPORT.

Before you buy, make sure you do your homework and see what people are saying about the places.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
NEVER BUY FROM GAS BIKE.net OR KINGS MOTORSPORT.
I hope you and every other newbie that needs hand holding takes Don's advice and does NOT buy from gasbike, it limits supply and raises prices for those of us that build bikes for a living.

I only use Skyhawk 2-stroke engines and gasbike is the only engine vendor I have used for 3+ years and well over 100 builds with few complaints but what you have to realize is since 2010 EPA regs kicked in and Don Grube retired all Nationwide Access does is move boxes and in my case they usually move them in short order and readily handle what few problems I have had in short order.

This latest shipment took some time but I think that has to do with the Nationwide's EPA import license was for 2010 to 2012 and it's 2013 with no word on if it was extended and now the government is shut down.

Go buy from Happy Times or BoyGoFast and avoid gasbike so I can continue to buy 2013 SKyhawks as 'parts' not complete kits that need EPA certification for a $129 delivered like this this one that just came in.

Thank you.

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
I purchased 5 of the same packages that you ordered from Gasbike! I got my packages on time. I just put a Gasbike together and I love it! These parts are great quality and my Gasbike has great performance! The price is the best in the market! I will be ordering more for sure!

Go Gasbike.net ........... My friends and I love you guys....

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I ordered 5 more as well but they raised the price to $134.20 delivered and have this bogus 'Time Remaining' clock that resets to 40 minutes every time you visit the site for days now, what a joke, but I like the YD engines and SKyhawk kit parts so that's what I buy.

Did you notice you can't just select more than 1 'parts package' in an order? Each one has to be unique order and a bit time consuming but with stock on hand maybe something new will be around next time I need 2-stroke engines ;-}

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
I've ordered two of these and I'm thinking of ordering two more. does anyone know which way the arrow on the piston goes ? forwards or backwards ? does it matter which way the head and spark plug goes ? forward, backward ? I think I read somewhere that it works either way... anyone ? I wish the kit had at least rudimentary instructions.
cheers.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've ordered two of these and I'm thinking of ordering two more. does anyone know which way the arrow on the piston goes ? forwards or backwards ? does it matter which way the head and spark plug goes ? forward, backward ? I think I read somewhere that it works either way... anyone ? I wish the kit had at least rudimentary instructions.
cheers.
I think the arrow points forwards but more importantly the piston ring pins face the intake.
Make sure the the ring ends are around the pins or you will break them!

The slant head can go either way and on tight fitting frames the plug is angled forward.

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
ok, sorry but I didn't understand any of that. what "pins" are you talking about ? the two piston rings (that are already on the piston) or the wrist pin clip thingys at each end of the wrist pin (that connects the piston to the crank) ?
thanks for the reply.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
kinda like a gas filter,arrow points in the direction of flow.sorry about your disappointment in choice of vendor.
lesson learned.
now just gotta see what you build.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
We assembled and installed the first of our gasbike 'box of parts' 66cc Skyhawk yesterday and I like some of the improvements.
No cast or garbage anywhere in the jug or lower end but we did dremmel the cylinder sleeve ports a bit to match the cast.

The 2.5L 2/3 gallon gas tank now has a pipe fitting to attach the petcock to the tank so you can orient it any way you way you want, and they almost tripled the length of the in tank filer.

And they have changed the magneto.
The pesky white wire is gone but the coil ground must have been moved as the old white wire tab is ground which is what used to be used for the kill button and I don't see the familiar center tap tab anywhere.

The kit also has a chrome pipe which I assume since the side covers have no plates or stickers is not EPA kosher but performs better. I'll know that later today.

Note that I have talked with Dan Grube and sharing that in a new topic.

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
Nice to see someone else building the $128 (now $134) gasbike kit. this is my first one ever - i bought two kits. I'm gonna have a bunch of questions for ya if you dont mind.
My current problem is with the sprocket and rag joint. the holes in the sprocket do NOT line up with the holes in the split metal rings. plus, I'm installing this on a genesis astra which has 48 spokes. So, I drew it up in CAD and I'm making my own rag joint connection. I went to home depot and bought some rubber to replace the rag - so I can drill my own holes. I was walking around home depot and the morons that work there couldn't point me to some thick rubber, so in the plumbing department I found a 4" rubber pipe coupler (that has hose clamps on both ends) for $8. I cut one side and layed it flat - used my template and cut / drilled it.

So, the arrow on the piston goes toward the exhaust, I'm told. can anyone tell me what the head bolts should be torqued to ?

Oh, and what are these PINS everyone is talking about ? the ones that I will break if Im not careful ? can anyone post a pic ?

how should I orient the piston ring gaps ? just opposite one another ?

cheers