Straight Gas

GoldenMotor.com

Lincoln78

Mar 4, 2013
Danville,IL
I Seen A Guy in my Town Riding a ( 2-stroke) 80cc Bike, Well He Was Running Straight Gas, NO Oil mixture, He Said he's been Riding it like that for a little over a Year, Has Anyone Else Tried This & What was The Outcome?.flg.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The guy was probably lying to you. Two strokes might run for a little while without oil in the gas, but they will eventually seize from lack of lubrication. He was either outright lying or yanking your chain.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
He was full of IT. No way did he run a 2 stroke engine without lubrication for a year. I'm calling a big BS on his information to you. Didn't happen.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Totally agree with the BS. There is no way that it can run like that. Tom is running about as lean as can be with 100:1 opti2. 2 strokes must have oil mixed or injected, no matter what!

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I edited this remark out because it seemed to offend!
Please do make use of the google search feature here it will save YOU a lot of time
and my apologies I see that I was laughing after the smiley face

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Give the guy a break, he's a newb trying to reach Motorized Bicycle Elite Member status.
and how do you do that? by post post posting! and it doesn't matter what the quality of the post is or what you know.
it's just about the posting :)laff
Nobody was getting down on the OP. He asked a question and got replys. Why would we need to "give the guy a break" ? He or we did nothing wrong.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Give the guy a break, he's a newb trying to reach Motorized Bicycle Elite Member status.
and how do you do that? by post post posting! and it doesn't matter what the quality of the post is or what you know.
it's just about the posting :)laff

I'm on a couple of forums that don't tally the comments in the 'off-topic' and 'new member' areas. I was surprised when this forum counted them......makes me no difference. I don't have a post count fetish....it's all about finding a place where you feel comfortable. .rd.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've cleaned this thread so we can start over.
The next time I see a newbie get a reception like this there will be more than just a nasty post from the staff.

The man asked a question. If you don't have the time or inclination to answer a question and feel like you're being bothered, ignore the question and move on. There is no excuse for a disrespectful response. It will not be tolerated.

Tom

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
"I was surprised when this forum counted them......makes me no difference. I don't have a post count fetish....it's all about finding a place where you feel comfortable."

I didn't realize this was a thing... I can assure all of you that it means nothing. I've posted a million dumb questions and when it changed my title, I still had more dumb questions to ask. Read each persons posts carefully and listen to who you think knows their stuff. Ignore me.

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I've cleaned this thread so we can start over.
The next time I see a newbie get a reception like this there will be more than just a nasty post from the staff.

The man asked a question. If you don't have the time or inclination to answer a question and feel like you're being bothered, ignore the question and move on. There is no excuse for a disrespectful response. It will not be tolerated.

Tom
Thank you Tom. I am so surprised when I see anything like that here. This place is certainly not like that, and all of us need to act accordingly, or it will be, and then we will have lost this. Unacceptable.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
At work today, I talked to a man about our weed whackers. Turns out he was replacing a machine that had recently been serviced at a local repair shop. The shop gave him great advice about using StaBil in his fuel.

Well, after a little more conversation, the man stated that the pull starter wouldn't spin the motor. Turns out the man thought he was supposed to use StaBil as the 2 cycle oil!! If I had just sent the man on his merry way, his brand new Echo trimmer would've been returned in short order because it did the same thing as his last one.........

It really pays to find out all the pertinent information before assuming that everyone is on the same wavelength. Just my opinion.