Help in tucson Az

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Maybe there's help available locally. But most of us assume that we're on our own. And we're usually right. So I'm going to assume that you're on your own.

Here's the good news; there's a lot of help and wisdom to be found in these threads.

Okay. Your chain won't stay on?

Start by checking to make sure that that motor is staying exactly where you put it. Any movement there and you'll throw your chain. Or worse.

If that checks out, then see to it that your drive sprocket is mounted correctly. Straight and true.

If you have these two things set, then I'll bet you'll have no more trouble.

Good luck.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
There are definitely some experienced motor bikers in the Old Pueblo that can help. For some basics: make sure the chain tensioner roller is directly in line between front and rear sprockets. If not. loosen the mounting bolts and rotate it until it is in line and re-tighten.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
In a few months I may be in Tucson so keep me bookmarked. I am hoping that my job will allow me to transfer down there at the beginning of the year and I will be more than willing to help you with your motor and go out riding with you.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Heads up for anyone else in the Old Pueblo I purchase all my chains, links, bearings and seals from Bearing Belt and Chain Inc. on 22nd street just East of I-10.

There is many small engine and go-kart shops but from my experience they never have what you need in stock and some of it is not any better then what comes with the kit. By the time you drive around from one place to another I always find myself at bearing and belt anyways.

http://www.bbcarizona.com/

Last edited: