I have been cut off!

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Pistonbikes is also in CA........and they won't ship to CA.

Sounds kinda like some our liquor laws here in OK......

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Pistonbikes is also in CA........and they won't ship to CA.

Sounds kinda like some our liquor laws here in OK......
I just checked them out and you are right. So what is the deal? Do you have to pay off the air resources board or something? There are places that will send 2 stroke engines to CA. Are they special members of the NAZI party or something??

These things get 150 friggin miles to the gallon and they are still bad for the environment? Doesn't that just encourage people to drive 20 mile per gallon cars instead??

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
According to what I can see, EOS somehow got their engines EPA certified. Other dealers have not done that, so they cant ship to Cali. From what I can see, other dealers say their engines are EPA certified, but when it comes down the nitty gritty, they are really just saying that to make their kits look better.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Venice motor bikes also ships to cali (kinda expensive)
Motovelo.us ships to cali but he's a bastard and a crook and his kits are way too expensive (not to rant or anything... lol)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Motovelo.us ships to cali but he's a bastard and a crook and his kits are way too expensive (not to rant or anything... lol)
How do you really feel about him lol.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Yea that's why I haven't bought from them. I am ordering my kits tonight from EOS, and when I was on their page I noticed it said this under the description:

"Because we manufacture and import our own 80cc engine kits, we can bring you EPA approved 2 stroke engine kits for the lowest price available."

As far as I can tell, this explains why they can ship to Cali and no one else can. If EOS really makes their own engines, then that explains how they got them certified and are able to ship nationwide (including CA). Does this seem possible to you guys as well?

-Chris

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Yea that's why I haven't bought from them. I am ordering my kits tonight from EOS, and when I was on their page I noticed it said this under the description:

"Because we manufacture and import our own 80cc engine kits, we can bring you EPA approved 2 stroke engine kits for the lowest price available."

As far as I can tell, this explains why they can ship to Cali and no one else can. If EOS really makes their own engines, then that explains how they got them certified and are able to ship nationwide (including CA). Does this seem possible to you guys as well?

-Chris
Build their own?? These engines are all made in China. China builds them. Maybe they assemble them or something.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
"I have been cut off" glade you found your connection for the kits, you may get what you pay for tho. Do you have a margin for motor failure in your bike venture? The only guy I really see doing good in this business is Venice Motor Bikes. You can't beat his service, support or prices.... Plus he stands behind his builds.

I wish you luck in your venture tho.

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
Hey does anyone know what size chain that is that enginesonlineshop pack in there kits??
This is my first motorbike i'm in process of and of course i'm making it more difficult with the sbp shift kit.
My latest problem seems to be the chain that shipped with the kit seems to be way to big to fit the engine to jackshaft sprockets. I cant get the right length and even if I did It would appear to hit the jackshaft bracket.
enginesonlineshop emailed me back and told me it was a 210 width chain.
This is getting really frustrating between Sick Bike Parts forgetting to pack the bottom bracket removal tool to this chain issue that I cant seem to find an answer to. I really thought I had everything covered when I ordered all this stuff!

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
It'll either be 410 or 415. Pitch (distance between the pins) is the same for both. The difference is the distance between the inner plates. This is a good site that lists the common chain sizes. Look at the 2nd chart.
http://www.azusaeng.com/chain/mcyclchn.html
The problem you might be having is that by removing a male and female link, in order to keep the mating pairs equal, you're removing an inch of chain. You might be able to use a half link instead, but you need to find out which chain you have.
If you're still not sure, post a pic next to a ruler and someone here can let you know.

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
Yea Ive split the chain to where ill end up with 15 total links. I never liked master links so i'm just going to link them back together when the fitment looks right. here is a picture, I never was good at reading a ruler.

Attachments

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
Thanks guys, I looked up ruler measurements. Looks like I have 415 chain, I wish EOS would put down in there kit contents the real size, The confusion! but its my only gripe about there kit.

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
I never mentioned a master link. A half link has a male on one end and female (for lack of better terminology) on the other. It lets you put chain together in half inch increments instead of one inch like normal. And yes, that chain is 3/16" between the inner plates, so a 415.
Here's an example of a half link:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/200924621896?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar
Thanks for that info. I wasn't planning using a master link so looks like my plans have changed since i cant get the chain to fit right without adding a 1/2 link.