Made in america!!

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Friction kits from Staton and ThatsDax are made in the USA and you can buy a quality 2 stroke that is made in Japan, like a Tanaka 2 stroke engine, but expect to pay big bucks.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
What kits are made in the u.s.a.

.flg.usflg
Bumblebeebolton hand makes all there brackets and drive wheels for there kits here in america. The engine it self is a 2 stroke they are built in china but the rest is american made steel. It's half way to being an american built kit. The kit is built in america. They dont just buy a kit and sell it. They hand make every kit and test every kit out before they sell it. That way they know there kits work everytime right outta the box..Its partly american made..

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
The device you posted this message with isn't made here either.....why don't you resort to what is and stand in the street with a crayon sign announcing your plight

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
...but the rest is american made steel.
Gerold,

How do you know it is American made steel? I can't seem to find any information posted of the Bumble Bee website that indicates the source of the steel.

Chris

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Friction kits from Staton and ThatsDax are made in the USA and you can buy a quality 2 stroke that is made in Japan, like a Tanaka 2 stroke engine, but expect to pay big bucks.

Chris
ThatsDax is not made in usa save his very nice mounting inventions friction drives etc. He prolly over hauls and or inspects all his engines. The sweat shop is in china lol.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Staton uses proven engines and builds all his kits in house. Go to his site,staton-Inc.com,look on the left for machining services. He's not shy about the machines he uses.
I walked in and got the grand tour just for asking about his products. And the products not made by staton say so in the mini description under the price of the item you're looking at. Also builds the only dual drive freewheel hub I've seen on the interwebs. That can also be used for a dual disc setup in the front.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I really don't think that the quality or reliability of any product has as much to do with where its made as how it was designed and engineered and what materials were used to fabricate it. I also do not personally believe that the "best" motorized bike can necessarily be built from a kit. I think what really matters is what you're looking for in a motorized bike, and if one kit or another can provide you with that, then I suppose you'd consider that the "best" for you, while another person might dsagree. Personally, I used the china 2 stroke kits for 3 years before upgrading to a fully custom bike (except for the frame) with a 98cc minibike engine, and this bike is fulfilling everything I want in a motorbike, but never got from the kits. But that's just my personal experience. Some people are very happy with the kits. It all just depends on exactly what you're looking for in a bike.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Gerold,

How do you know it is American made steel? I can't seem to find any information posted of the Bumble Bee website that indicates the source of the steel.

Chris
My name is not garold. Its warren and i have emailed bee about there product and were and how it is made and that is what they told me.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
But is it truly a shop? The video I saw was several picnic tables with leaky Tarps in the rain,leading up to the back of the truck . Seriously

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Huffy who are you talking too? If that's for me I can more than most definitely tell you that staton has a huge shop. I'm sure if you came to oklahoma city,you could see it for yourself. I don't think they normally have visitors though. Might want to call before you pull up to the door.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Huffy who are you talking too? If that's for me I can more than most definitely tell you that staton has a huge shop. I'm sure if you came to oklahoma city,you could see it for yourself. I don't think they normally have visitors though. Might want to call before you pull up to the door.
Lol. You don't have to have a fancy shop to build something good in quality..

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
By no means am I saying its fancy. Dave Staton has a lot of space full of motorized products. And the quality of his own products speak for themselves. Products made in oklahoma city by Staton.