appleroy45 - Old Whizzer Motorbike Guy

GoldenMotor.com

appleroy45

Oct 30, 2008
Peru, Illinois
I'm just an old Whizzer Motorbike guy that was introduced to motor kits for bicycles by a old friend at our 2008 45th year high school class reunion.
I was riding my older brothers Whizzer Motorbike when I was 11 years old and at that time it was really something for me to have the opportunity to do that. My brother didn't like it at all but I just kept whining and nagging my Dad until he finally got fed up and got on my brother to let me ride so I'd shutup. Hay, what can I say but it worked.
Later when I was in High School a friend of mine had a Whizzer Motorbike that was in a bunch of pieces with extra parts so I bought it off him. I then proceeded to completely restore it back to its original pristine operating condition. Not to long after that I sold it like a dummy. I also was a motorcycle guy when I was younger.
So a motorized bicycle is a very old fond memory for me and since I have a MGX Mongoose Mountain Bike I thought it would be interesting to put a motor on it with a jackshaft to the pedal sprocket and have some fun. I have an advantage as my younger brother is a very good machinist who can help me I hope with fabricating parts for the conversion.
I'm glad to be a part of this forum and it is my hope that I can pass along some wisdom to whomever I might be able to help.

Last edited:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Yeah what he said. Remember now the tables have turned, you're the older brother who has to suck-up to his younger brother, oh the irony of life. Happy Hills & Trails Walter F.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi there, good to see you here. I am a "Local Whizzer Dealer", and I also have been doing alot in MotorBicycles for quite a while. Feel free to PM me if you like. I just got a 1947 "H" whizzer engine, and am mounting it up, along with other projects.

Have fun with this thing.

Mike