Im addicted

GoldenMotor.com

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
Hello my friends its been quite a while since ive been on here last... Well... After my 4 stroke 2.5hp chopper build was a success "in my eyes" i have now got my hands on a 66cc 2 stroke engine!!!!! BIG SMILES:D I must say that this hobby is EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE so i have decided to expand my collection... I havent got a bike yet, but i am looking at a few roadmasters / mtn bikes as we speak=) Seeing as this is going to be my first experience with a 2 stroke engine i am in need of your guys advice here once again... Any break in or engine care/longevity advice well ANY advice will NOT be passed by...
thank you for being my friends and helping me when i need it=)
Thank you guys for everything,
Eric

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
These two stroke China motors are very simply. If the engine has gas and spark, it runs. You will get the hang of it. Best bikes to use are steel framed hard tail mountain bikes or beach cruisers. A brand named bike like Nirve, Electra, Specialized, etc will last a long time. Walmart bikes will work but bearings will wear out sooner.
Yes, this hobby is addictive. My favorite part is that you can make parts like fender brackets from curtain rod brackets or other things you have laying around.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hello my friends its been quite a while since ive been on here last... Well... After my 4 stroke 2.5hp chopper build was a success "in my eyes" i have now got my hands on a 66cc 2 stroke engine!!!!! BIG SMILES:D I must say that this hobby is EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE so i have decided to expand my collection... I havent got a bike yet, but i am looking at a few roadmasters / mtn bikes as we speak=) Seeing as this is going to be my first experience with a 2 stroke engine i am in need of your guys advice here once again... Any break in or engine care/longevity advice well ANY advice will NOT be passed by...
thank you for being my friends and helping me when i need it=)
Thank you guys for everything,
Eric
Good luck, Eric.

We'll be here when you need help/advice/opinion/support.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
If you are willing to be patient with it you should consider rebuilding the happy time engine you got. There's a number of threads laying about. biknut has one for his T80 and recon chris has one for his GT5 motor. Same deal for both though. Don't forget that inch-pound torque wrench before you do! Gotta have it for the head nuts

If you don't want to rebuild it all (like balancing the cranks) you should atleast take the head and cylinder off to clean out any trash that may be inside. Then maybe port and polish (don't polish the intake) while you're at it? There's a sticky on it. I think in norm's area. File the fins of the cylinder so they look nice and purdy. Then maybe replace all the bolts in the motor with high grade steel ones. SBP has kits for it. Blue threadlock is a must for these motors too! Primarily on the studs and mounting bolts. I put some on my head bolts even since I noticed that they were not at the torque I once had them at.

Great thing about the cheap chinese motors is that they are so simple and in need of TLC you really feel that much more rewarded when it all comes together. They should be able to last a couple thousand miles given the proper care. Which in turn equals a couple years on such a tiny engine. Not bad if you ask me :)

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
thanks for the replies everybody!!!!!:D i am getting the hang of my lil 80cc engine now. the break in is going very smoothly and it is gaining more power everyday!!!:D LOL i have been more places with this lil bike than i would have imagined it woulda' ever gone;)
wheelbender - i am very interested in the coat hanger fender thing you mentioned earlier.. how would i go about doing that if i may ask? lol
5-7heaven - thank you for the support, it means alot to hear that=)
rockymotor - i have done the upgraded hardware and threadlock, i have not done the crank balance thingy yet lol "dont know how lol" , already ported exhaust/intake gaskets. added a sbp expansion chamber for low end tq:D But what does filing the fins do. just for looks or something... Im very excited to hear all of this and am hoping my lil engine lasts for thousands of miles ahead.
Thanks all
Eric