got the frame...NOW which motor?

GoldenMotor.com

Bryman31

May 6, 2010
Colorado
ive been riding a friends bike for a while now....(he has 3) the one he let me keep at my place is great......48cc engine, runs like a tank when im by myself..... HOWEVER, when we ride together, him on his 48cc bike, and 195lbs body weight screams past me each time. im 6' tall and 250 lbs....so im thinking i MUST have the 80cc motor...

my questions for you veterans are this.......which motor? from which vendor? my bike is a flat black Nirve Red Star. im also gonna pair it up with the performance exhaust,

ALSO do the performance carbs i see REALLY make a difference? i read a lot about the k&n style filters are great but what about the carbs?

im no interested in going 40mph, i am however interested in being able to keep up with my lighter friends LOL.

thank you guys for the help!!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Since you live here in CO. I recommend going through Duane at ThatsDax. He can be your one stop shop for a strong basic build. The F80 engine kit that he stocks is the same as a PK80 and Grubee 66. It is a real strong motor and when tuned right can be fast. I'd say get the F80 kit, RT carb and either gut your exhaust or get the expansion chamber as you mentioned.

How many teeth are on your rear sprocket?

If your looking to be in front or at least have keep up power. . . then get these
- F80 engine kit +
- RT Carburetor +
- A decent exhaust

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
:) You live in Brighton?? Where abouts do you live? Myself and another member live in Brighton. We'll have to get in touch so we can meet and I can show you the ins & outs of these little motors, send me a PM with your number! I know pretty much every trail within 20 miles of the Denver area.

The Denver Area Rides that Tom had mentioned earlier are quite fun. I set them up and am the Navigator of these rides; you and your friend are more then welcome to attend the next one and see what your missing, there's usually 8-10 of us. If you live in Brighton, then it's a good chance that I'm the reason your friend built his bikes. I've been doing this for a while.

Bryman31

May 6, 2010
Colorado
hey guys!! id LOVE to get together for some rides!!! that sounds fun as heck!!

and yeah F Rod id love to learn some stuff from you! im super excited hehehe i actually went and rode today and froze my ass off doing it...granted it was only about a mile ride but still lol