WTB: V-brake adapter plate.

GoldenMotor.com

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
I need one of those adapter plates that convert single pivot side pull caliper brakes to v-pull brakes. Can't seem to find one in stock anywhere.

I need something like this:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've scavenged a couple of them from the front forks of dump mountain bikes. A dremel cut off wheel or side grinder will remove them. Then I use small U bolts to attach them where I want. With good shoes they make fine brakes on a budget.
SB

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
V-brake adapter plate - Google Search

Sorry my bad..I just looked through there too. Notta..

PM this guy I don't know if he has been around for awhile but he sure brags these up. He works in a bike shop.. http://motorbicycling.com/members/chalo/

The said.. thing is now you would have to go through a foreign distributor and by some miracle convince him to order a pallet of them for local shops. We are pretty much helpless in this country anymore nothings made here anymore. I am beginning to think if we even got bubble gum factories left? lol

I went through a similar experience recently you can buy paper thin tubes 24x3.0 but not a true heavy duty tube. http://motorbicycling.com/f53/24-x3-0-true-heavy-duty-27659.html

KevXR

Nov 18, 2010
Nor Cal
Look for "Cantilever Brake Booster"

Might not be the exact same item you are looking for, but I used them on my MTN bike.

It's a better starting point, than starting from scratch.

There are a few for sale on eBay.

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
Saw those, but I'd have to weld a brake boss on them. If i wanted to do that I would just weld them to the frame like it was factory.

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
I've scavenged a couple of them from the front forks of dump mountain bikes. A dremel cut off wheel or side grinder will remove them. Then I use small U bolts to attach them where I want. With good shoes they make fine brakes on a budget.
SB
Thanks for the fork idea. I used one of these i had on an old mountain bike:

The spacing was the same around that arch as the V-brake plates, so I did a little chopping, and after some fire and grinding, i have an adapter plate, and the bike stops SO much better with two brakes.