Phantom Bikes Custom Cruisers

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
On the orange-gold Felt I like the straight-pipe, gas tank frame of course, the bars and the saddle. What I don't like is the lack of front brake, minimal tranny cover, would prefer Monarch re-pro. fork and ditch that back fender. It's a good looking board tracker, but I could build it for less than $2000?

Nice bike. Needs more than just a coaster brake to be safe in my opinion.....28mph, 70lb. bike....yeah.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
very nice, i like the chain tensioner, i would try and add a filler plate under the engine to fill the open space in the frame under the engine. thats the only thing i don't like about 4 stroke builds, the engines look like an after thought with that void under them.

jhammondcpa

Apr 17, 2014
Maryland
I am new to the Phantom Bike party, but I can say their bike models are the best and John King was very helpful to me when I was ordering my Ghost 26 in December 2014. The bike arrived as promised with no adjustments out of the box. If you know motorized bikers, I had do do my own little changes, but 50 miles later I can say it one of best bikes around and everyone that sees it agrees! Check Spirit III and Spirit II out at www.youtube.com/user/JimConHam/videos Enjoy!

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
YUP! John and the boys at Phantom really know their POO and make wonderful bikes and bits for our sport. Always helpful on the phone. I see you went for the magnito powered light. How Ya likeing that?? I've been seriously thinking about one for my next build. ALSO: what did you have to do to safely bend the exhaust up like that ( armstrong? ) Looks cool and hotrod ish :)

jhammondcpa

Apr 17, 2014
Maryland
The light and coil came as part of the package and installed on the Phantom Ghost 26 model, but I spliced into the headlight power for the LED tail light on the tag plate I created. It works great! I have now added a Suzuki horn which needed more horse power so I added its own power supply, a 12 volt 9amp Phantom lithium-ion battery. The Phantom battery is not from Phantom Bikes but it was a perfect 1.5 pound addition! John and his boys put that bend in the exhaust when they did some upgrading. I also had them cut away the extra material on transmission flywheel cover and just added the muffler baffle. It's all good and loving every ride and every thumbs up I get on the street! Thanks for checking in! https://www.youtube.com/user/JimConHam/videos

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's a nice bike, but in the video walk around I had to laugh.......48.9mph on the speedo?

From the HS49cc engine you would need a very steep, very long downhill to achieve that speed......no matter what! laff

And even then? laff laff

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's a nice bike, but in the video walk around I had to laugh.......48.9mph on the speedo?

From the HS49cc engine you would need a very steep, very long downhill to achieve that speed......no matter what! laff

And even then? laff laff
Sorry, maybe it was the ODO......48.9mi.

That makes more sense.