Another New Guy post w/pics

GoldenMotor.com

SAYNONOW

Aug 14, 2010
S.C.
Hello, I'm just another new person to the board that's crazy about motorized bicycles. I don't know what it is but ever since I was deployed to Japan where our main mode of transportation was bicycles I just fell in love again with bicycles. And me being a guy, I want to put a motor on everything.
So here I am and here is a few pics of my first build. Schwinn Delmar ($100) 66cc engine kit ($160) Spray Paint and Seat ($40). Sold it on craigslist for $400. I hope to find a market out there for these things because i love putting them together would mind making some kind of a living off of it lol.
I'm currently building a schwinn stingray chopper, will have some pics up of that soon in the chopper section. Thanks for looking.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Wow. I know of a local surplus store that has some beautiful old Army Jeeps, fully equipped, that would probably love to have that... You may want to try calling on some of those..

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I only spent a week in Japan and I love these things.
I have seen people take several approaches to making a business from assembling these machines. Some go for lowest cost while others go high end, adding fantastic paint jobs with airbrushed details.
In SC, Nascar themed motorbikes might do well.

SAYNONOW

Aug 14, 2010
S.C.
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm gonna aim for cheap transportation for the ones who need it. I see a lot of people riding bicycles not for fun in my area and I would love to sell motor bikes. I think as long as I can sell for around $300 complete, people will buy them.