Nrwbie

GoldenMotor.com

Radad

May 10, 2010
Victorville,Ca
Hello everyone. I am building my first motorized bike and doing so very slowly and cautiously. I acquired the engine kit a few weeks ago and then a little over a week ago picked up a 95% new Schwinn Jaguar. So far all I have managed to do is mount the rear sprocket. Now I'm reading everything I can about mounting the engine to try and avoid any of the pitfalls later.Right now I'm glad to be a part of this forum and the valuable info and advice it contains.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of willing help here so never fear asking questions.
The Jaguar falls into the cruiser catagory and makes a great motorized bicycle; I have two of them. The front engine mount can present some challenge over the simpler 'V' frame style bikes but nothing that can't be taken care of with a little fabrication and imagination. Here's a link to a thread that deals with the subject. > http://motorbicycling.com/f6/oversized-tubing-solved-6427.html In addition the Jaguar ride can be improved dramatically by using a lay-back seat post. The jag is a little short in the crotch and moving the saddle rearward really helps. Good luck. Keep us posted on your build.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Took me all weekend to get my rear sprocket mounted to my satisfaction. Take your time with the build. It will pay off.