FYI Cadillac Fleetwood with NuVinci Hub $400 online

GoldenMotor.com

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I've been really wanting to buy this bike. Sick bike parts just came out with a four stroke shift kit and it would be awesome on this bike. after crunching the numbers it would cost about $1000 to do. $400 for the bike, $200 for a four stroke kit (gasbike.net), 180 for the shift kit, $100 for a front drum brake (two brakes are a requirement), and $100 for extra stuff like shipping. I've got another project in the works so it'll have to wait. I'd love to see some build pics if anyone does it.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice looking bike ChopperDave. Wish I had the clams lying around for one, they got the discs on the rear..I havnt seen a cruiser besides that one with factory rear discs.

Cheersbrnot

nashmoto

Apr 21, 2010
Northern California
I can vouch for the build on this bike which I paid over $600 for. Super solid construction all the way around. It is a bit short for a tall rider (I'm 6'2"), but it makes for a nice looking motorized bike. Working on a second bike based on the same frame and Honda engine, but with a Grubee 4G belt drive tranny.
Original post and photos here: http://motorbicycling.com/f15/modern-board-racer-17881.html#post172888

There's more info on my ongoing nashmoto project: nashmoto.com.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The first time I saw this advertised the sticker underneath the seat read "Fleewood".
I am glad that they fixed this typo.
I really wish I could afford one. You can't beat the price!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Oh, you're right. I looked not to long ago and the bike was listed as sold out, then back again. You can still get the bike for $600 from Amazon: Cadillac Fleetwood Cruiser Bike
Not a bad deal when you consider the NuVinci hub lists for around $400.
Two year old topic but since it's about the Caddy bike it is correct they quit making them years ago and even at $600 a pop Amazon sold theirs out, but that don't mean one can't be found still new in the box.

(swivels chair left)
Well what do ya know, the last brand new still in the box NuVinci Cadillac Fleetwood we bought and have been saving for a special build is right here.

(glances down)
Humm, that looks to be a 960W 36V LiPo shifting kit exactly like this one on eBikes and this bike.

3 Chainwheel Complete kit
Item # 3CCK
3 Chainwheel Complete kit: 960W / 12A 36V battery

http://www.ebkit.com/3ck.htm
$1,287 delivered if I got it from them. I didn't ;-}

That is the first bike I built with the electric shifter setup.
With the right cosmetic touches this new Caddy might just be the perfect toy to carry on the back bike rack of you new big black Cadillac Escalade as a $2,000 unique dealer option ;-}

Granted an electric won't perform like this bike but it is still should be just as cool if not cooler.

How quick and fast do I expect it to go? Pfftt, anyone's guess, I'll just see by this weekend if all the cards play out right but still thinking about the front end before I even start breaking boxes open.

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Same here.. It worked well but the hub leaked like crazy. Its been sitting for a while now, leaked all over my fat frank tire, and messed it up! Only place to get the special valvoline oil is direct from the manufacturer!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yep, I know the failure rate with gas, I think I even posted about them somewhere but in short about 50% if the motor was much over 2HP, 10% if it was under and those are 2-stroke gas motors, these hubs don't like pulses but a couple have held up well even with the beating and still going.

Fallbrook states right on the NuVinci hub info pages they are not suitable for gas motorizing but fine with electrics. This particular electric kit is only 1.3 HP (36V 980W) so I don't see it causing a problem but then again I won't know until I can even move the boxes around or have help for a week or so.
Did I mention getting old really sucks?

petr

Jul 17, 2012
prague
I thought I would pass this on. I spotted the Cadillac Fleetwood with NuVinci hub and installed disk brake on sale for $400 shipped and it includes a free bike helmet. If you have been looking for a hub the cost of the bike as a whole is less than the hub and brake by themselves.

You can order from the Cadillac Bikes site.
you know where can I buy Cadillac?

dg8s2hll

Jul 12, 2012
washington
Not sure what hub came with the fleet wood. I have the newest n360 with internal mount shifter. I'm using it with a grubee 2.75 horse and a SBC jackshaft. I have about 50 miles on it right now and everything seems to work great. If you do not let up on the gas before shifting it WILL blow a seal or break the shifter and then u get to start over. I'm using a cannondale f7. The 2" bottom tube works awesome for cutting out the high speed engine pulse. Or the woo woo woo feeling that a lot of us hate so much. I will post some pics in the next couple days

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You can see if Amazon still has one left but no, they only made them for like a year and quit making them back before this topic was started and they were no longer high end and bargain priced because they were just to heavy for pedal power and Cadillac pulled their name rights.

My shopmate and I each bought 3 before they were gone. All were motorized but one he still had in the box which is now mine to motorize with an electric shifter.
Naw De Naw Naw hehehe ;-}

We just played our cards right is all, and found the right source and took all he had (bikes4falmiles.com?) as I wasn't a stranger to NuVinci and jumped at the chance to get a killer bike for less than the back wheel cost.

If you want a shifting Caddy with an electric it will be for sale after I have some 'extensive test riding' miles on it for ~$1500 and I can ship it easy (no gas).
That is actually just over what the electric kit goes for (36V 960W) and it's doubtful you could even find a boxed new Caddy bike but check your local Craigs, you never know, just search in Bikes for 'Caddy', 'Cadillac', and 'Fleetwood', you may get lucky.

Just for reference since there are no posted pics this is a Jackshafted caddy with a 66cc on it.

This electric will be much more sleek ;-}

petr

Jul 17, 2012
prague
I found one in hong kong for $ 1500!
Yes, Craigs in Philadelphia has one in box but seller not send it by UPS,only hand to hand.From Europe is so far to Philadelphia. :-||
send me photo please, I will think about electric. Caddy has style.