EZM information on the Q-Matic

GoldenMotor.com

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
I'm knida new to 4 strokes & have a HuaSheng 49cc tapered shaft 4 stroke & was getting tired of the transmissions always failing. Currently I'm planing to just upgrade a cheap pocket bike CVT with better internal parts as a lower cost temporary alternative to my Grubee 4G that failed. Now I was considering a Qmatic as a future upgrade for a more reliable bike.

Does anyone know how a Qmatic would hold up using a tapered shaft adapter on the Huasheng 49cc? Really wish they made a tapered shaft version of the Qmatic so we wouldn't need an adapter but spending an extra $35 to $40 on the adapter is better than buying an engine with a long shaft just to make it work on my bike. Would rather try using the Qmatic on the perfectly good motor I already have. Plus if I ever wanted to upgrade to a Honda GXH50 I could just pop off the tapered shaft adapter & stick the Qmatic on the long shaft.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm knida new to 4 strokes & have a HuaSheng 49cc tapered shaft 4 stroke & was getting tired of the transmissions always failing. Currently I'm planing to just upgrade a cheap pocket bike CVT with better internal parts as a lower cost temporary alternative to my Grubee 4G that failed. Now I was considering a Qmatic as a future upgrade for a more reliable bike.

Does anyone know how a Qmatic would hold up using a tapered shaft adapter on the Huasheng 49cc? Really wish they made a tapered shaft version of the Qmatic so we wouldn't need an adapter but spending an extra $35 to $40 on the adapter is better than buying an engine with a long shaft just to make it work on my bike. Would rather try using the Qmatic on the perfectly good motor I already have. Plus if I ever wanted to upgrade to a Honda GXH50 I could just pop off the tapered shaft adapter & stick the Qmatic on the long shaft.
I sell Qmatic kits and have never heard of a problem with the tapered shaft adapter. Another thing you could do would be to buy a harbor freight 79 cc engine for $99 and put a Qmatic kit on it

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
I sell Qmatic kits and have never heard of a problem with the tapered shaft adapter. Another thing you could do would be to buy a harbor freight 79 cc engine for $99 and put a Qmatic kit on it
Ok cool. I was thinking of doing a 79cc HF trike build someday. Also had a question about top speeds. What kind of top speeds can I get from a Qmatic on a 49cc using a 36 tooth rear drive sprocket? I'm looking to get at least 35 to 40 mph max out of it.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
A 36 tooth sprocket will be too small for a 49 cc engine or a harbor freight engine. A 56 tooth sprocket will get you about 35 miles an hour with a 49 cc engine and about 45 miles an hour with the harbor freight engine

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
Your sprockets are for two stroke bikes. You probably need at least a 56 tooth to give you any power with a 4 stroke
56 tooth seems prety big. Wouldn't that reduce the speeds? I was always under the impression that a smaller drive sprocket means faster speeds regardless of what stroke the motor is. Don't know much from experence as I've always had the stock 44 tooth & I'm still kinda new to this hobby.